I barely heard a low growl from my left before I let myself into the Lord's chambers.

Khloe let out a sharp gasp as the door slammed shut.

I sighed quietly to myself as I was met with Lord Bronwyn's shit eating grin and his golden eyes.

They were pretty much the only bright thing in this room since he preferred to live in the darkness.

Due to that, Khloe's human eyes probably couldn't see more than a few feet in front of her. That would probably freak her out even more, and even more so because she could only see the Lord's eyes.

That is if she even decided to look up.

Lord Bronwyn's chuckle echoed through the room from his throne that sat upon a couple stairs.

"It's so nice to see you again, Sir Vanderwood." He spoke.

His smooth, deep voice was already laced with confidence.

Fantastic.

"What do you want?" I questioned.

God, I really don't want to be here again.

He just chuckled again, leaning forward a bit on his throne.

"Now, is that any way to talk to your Lord?" He cocked his head.

On a normal occasion, no, but I really didn't plan on faking formality two days in a row.

I cleared my throat a bit.

"My apologies my Lord," I gave a small bow, hoping that Khloe would get the idea and give one as well, "What can I do for you?"

He was pleased with my new response, amused even.

He hummed a bit as he reached for a file sitting on the small desk beside him.

"Well, I see that you finally decided to get yourself another pet since your last one passed."

Really? This is what he wanted to talk to me about?

I nodded.

His lips peaked into a smirk as his eyes strayed from mine.

"Well, let her take a couple steps forward. I want to see her." His voice was menacing.

I blinked at him as I felt Khloe begin to tremble again through her leash.

God that's a terrible idea.

Still, I turned my head back, meeting her gaze as I tugged forward on her leash.

Her face alone showed how scared she was. Even her eyes were begging me to get her out of this.

Well, I didn't want to be here either so she had to deal with this with me.

It took another tug on the leash to get her to move.

She looked back to the floor as she began, her hands intertwined at her hips in a futile act to stop them from shaking.

Even her small steps echoed through the large room.

I tugged lightly back on the leash once she was a couple feet in front of me, signaling her to stop.