11-Managing

Jackson By The Side

~October~

October...wakey wakey, October I know that you can hear me...OCTOBER WAKE UP!

Have you ever been suddenly jogged awake by an angry voice inside of your skull?

No?

I thought not. It's just me, but for the sake of comparison and empathy I'll describe it, although my description would probably not be even half as near bad as it actually feels.

Think of it like this, an imaginary ball about the size of a pressed up thumb tinkering about there in your head. Every time you move or turn, even without it doing anything so sudden, you know that's there.

It makes it increasingly difficult for you to forget it. Even when it's awfully silent, it is just...brooding.

"Damn, it's you again." I murmured, releasing Quincy out of my hold. The smaller boy mewled, reaching out for me again.

I didn't react however; instead I pulled myself out of bed and walked to the mirror.

The room was a lovely soft blue, sort of like my own set rather than Quincy's electric blue ones.

I risked a look back at Quincy; the brunette had pulled himself to the other edge of the bed, now sneaking his feet in, toes curling in response to the slight cold.

Stop looking at him he is not worth it, come on get moving now.

"I'd rather not listen to the voices in my head," I whispered, "I'm currently in denial that I'm probably insane."

Seriously man, look I just want to get out of here alive. Quit your complaining, we got to go.

"What's the risk?" I quizzed it. "Why? We have no rush, and it's not like Quincy's going to kill me-"

Great, I was now holding conversations with the voices in my head.

Everything is the risk, if she finds us if she finds us! We're screwed, me you and that wolf over there. I mean it, even though I hate his stupid guts we're not going to stay here and contemplate over it, rather we are going to move your stupid legs and go.

Silence. I was seriously considering my options.

"He really is a werewolf? Am I like a sacrifice or something?" I anxiously queried.

The voice huffed, plainly bored with me.

Sure, if that's what you call it. You're his other half, the peanut butter to his jelly, or whatever you call it nowadays. Consider yourself his Romeo, or he can be Romeo if you two really-

"Other half?" I'd stared at my reflection for a while now, soundlessly mouthing the words after him. A blossoming form of pride rose in my stomach; I was overly pleased with the idea that I could possibly belong to Quincy as he would with me, as much as one another. This wasn't a regular match either, it felt very nearly magical the sort of electric shock that passed through the two of us.

I can't believe I'm going to be stuck with you. I, the great Aed Dusk! In the body of a chick, this is far too funny! Laughable even! Only I'm not laughing, Eternal Elders? What were they thinking!

"Dude, I'm not a chick, I'm a guy and you're a bit angry right now-" I started, frustrated by the headache that he was causing.

He was practically fuming over something, and to make it worse it felt like my ears were bleeding over it.