chapter 8

"Hello love, we meet again." He sat beside me on a stool.

"Nik!" I handed him a drink.
"About yesterday, thank you I really appreciate it. And I loved your picture, you're very talented."

"You're welcome, my love. To repay me maybe you would like to have a meal with me tonight, at my house?" Was he asking me out?

"Sure, I'd love to!" I couldn't hide my smile, there was just something incredible about him.

"Then my dear, I'll pick you up at seven." I turned around to thank him but he was gone. Everyone was so fast around here..

When I reached home, I went straight into my wardrobe or 'closet' as everyone here called it and I stared at my dull clothes, none of them where right for tonight. Elena walked past and saw my frustrated expression.

"What's wrong?" She laughed at my annoyed expression.

"I have nothing to wear and I have a date!" She smiled and me and walked into my room carrying a beautiful turquoise chiffon dress that matched my eyes, and I curled my hair and put it into a loose updo. Elena did my makeup whilst hassling me about who my date was.

Jeremy walked into my room, "I believe your date is here". Elena giggled as I walked downstarirs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She looked beautiful and her smile was radiant. I handed her some flowers, and she blushed. This brought back memories.

"You look absolutely amazing" she blushed again.

I helped her into my car and we drove in silence. We both reached to turn the radio on and our hands touched. I felt the spark and I could tell she did too. She stared into my eyes and I broke away when I realised I was home. I sped to her side as I held the door for her and she entered my house once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He led me into a large room and I gasped as I saw the table with candles and roses.

"Nik, it's beautiful!" I gasped.

"Not as beautiful as you" he was so sweet. He pulled my chair out as he served the dinner.

"Let me help" I offered and he smiled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was stil the genorous Kassie I loved. Soon we were laughing and talking straight away, as if it was old times. Only..it wasn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt like I had known him for ages, he was so easy to talk to. We laughed and joked until I noticed the time it was 2 am.

Ric would be so angry. Nik went to fetch my bag. On the corner of a unit I noticed an old fashioned book. On the front was a lettering that said Niklaus' journal. I knew I shouldnt but I was curious and so I flicked through it. He mentioned names of Elijah, Esther and Mikael. I recognised them.

"What are you doing, sweetheart?"

"Erm... I was just, well I didn't mean to pry Im sorry."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldnt stay angry with her. "Its fine my love, I didnt know you could read Gaelic."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the parchment, and gasped, it was in Gaelic and I had understood it. I had never learned it before....

Nik took me outside as we decided to walk home. I started to shiver and so he put his jacket around me. I looked into his eyes and my heart melted. I stared at the crescent moon and smiled it was so pretty.

"Would you do the honour of accompanying me to the ball my love?"

"I'd love to ." I whispered, leaning my head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me.

When I arrived at my house he kissed my hand and I could feel myself blushing. Suddenly I slipped on my heel, and he caught me in his arms. He placed one hand under my chin and he gazed deep into my eyes. Our heads came closer and closer and his lips touched mine. He pulled me closer and put his arm around my waist. His lips were so soft. I didn't want it to end.

Suddenly he pulled away and stared at my knee. I looked down and I felt the blood gushing down it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at her knee, stunned from the beautiful kiss but tempted by her blood. I felt my eyes change. I turned away from her, I couldn't forgive myself if I touched her.

"What's wrong?" She turned my head and gasped.
"What are you" she stammered.

"I'm a vampire.....