chapter sixteen

A few days go by and Ashton and I are doing great. He drops by my apartment on his way home somedays and sometimes he will spend the night.

We are both trying to give one another some space so we aren't constantly all over each other and things with us don't burn out. I like to stay on my toes with Ashton, not know exactly what he's going to do every second of the day.

Ash ❤️ calling...

"Hello?"

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Nothing really, im just cleaning around my apartment. yourself?"

"Stop cleaning and get dressed, put on something cute."

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." and with that he hangs up. No further questions.

I put up all of my cleaning supplies and go to my room. I search through my closet but all i have are old tee shirts and sweaters.

"ugh."

"What would chris do?" i ask myself and look at jaspar as he sits in the floor staring at me.

I go to the very back of my closet and pull out a black dress, it's simple. Almost too simple.

"Fuck i need something that'll go with this." I lay the dress down and start searching my closet even deeper for some sort of jacket or sweater to wear on top of the dress.

My grandma sweater. I found it years ago at a thrift store and it's one of my favorite pieces of clothing. It sets me apart from everyone else.

I lay it on my bed as well and pull out my vans.

"I think that's good, right bud?" i ask jaspar and just get a simple bark in response.

I go to my bathroom and turn the shower on, i connect to my bathroom speaker and start playing some of my rap and R&B music.

I like to change it up a bit.

I strip down and get in the shower. The warm water runs down my body and a wave of relaxation hits me.

I start singing/rapping along to some of my favorite songs.

"tell her you love her when next week you just want space.."

I wash my body and hair, my minty body products taking over the small bathroom. I close my eyes and rinse my hair out, soap covering my face. I feel a small draft come across my legs and think nothing of it. I think I left the door open so jasper probably pushed it open all the way and is letting cool air in.

I rinse the soap off my eyes and start to wipe them when I feel a set of hands grab my waist. I open my eyes fast in a panic, just to be greeted by Ashton's familiar face.

"fuck you scared me!" I say as he pulls me to his body.

"sorry princess." he giggles as I wrap my arms around him.

"You know if you would have waited a couple more seconds I would have been out, you didn't have to get in the shower and get all wet." I laugh at him a little.

He leans down and gives me a soft kiss on the lips.

"Maybe I wanted to get wet." he gives me a devilish grin as he kisses me again, slowly letting his hands travel down to my bum where he cups it gently.

I wrap my little arms around his neck as I kiss him deeper and more passionately. I cant tell if the water is making me hot or if it is my body chemistry with Ash that's making me burn up.

He picks me up and presses my back against the cold tile in my shower.

Chills take over my body when the cold tiles touch my bare skin.

Ashton looks at me and smiles.

"You're so stunning and you don't even realize it."

I blush at ashton's compliments, he never fails to make me feel as if we just met all over again.

"Well as much as i'd love to stand here and admire your bare body, we are going to be late." he says with a smile.

"Late for what?" i ask as he sets me back down and i turn the water off.

"You'll see." he grabs a towel and wraps it around my body.

We go back into my bedroom after drying off and get dressed. i dry my hair a little more and brush through the knotted mess.

Ashton walks into the living room with jaspar while i finish doing my hair and makeup. i walk out of my room and meet up with ashton in my living room. He turns around and starts blushing at me.

"what ash?" i ask

"you just look so adorable. i'm so happy i get to call you my baby girl."

i smile at him and walk over and grab his hand.

"ready to go?" i say

"of course." he grins and leads the way out my front door.

"Okay so where are we going ashton?"

"you'll see!"

I let out a groan. i hate not knowing things.

We get in his car and drive for about half an hour, we finally come up on this cute little diner in the city.

"I saw this place the other day, it's got a really retro vibe to it and i thought you might like it." Ashton says as he looks at me.

"This place is the cutest." i say

"Just like someone i know." he adds in

We go inside, get a table, and we look over the menu. after a few minutes we order, i take a sip of my drink.

"i'm so in love with you." ashton spits out after the waitress leaves.

i just look up at ashton and smile big, making my cheeks hurt.

"you know i think i should let you tell chris thank you."

"what for?"

"because had he not drug me to that bar that night, we wouldn't be sitting here together right now."

"hmm, you do have a point-"

"-but i think i would have run into you sooner or later." he winks at me.

"i don't know you use to be quite the playboy. we never would have hung around the same places."

"true." he admits

"but aside from all of that i love you and i'm very happy we met." i say with a smile