eight: all for show

"...okay, okay, thank you, I will, okay, bye." I hung up with my boss and looked at all of the guys who were staring at me anxiously.

"Well she said that I can take off as long as I need." They all got excited, even Mr. Optimistic seemed happy about the fact that I would be staying with them for the next month.

"I suppose you'll be needing to go back to your house and get some clothes." I looked at Gerard and agreed before taking a bite of my noodles.

We decided that just me and Frank should go to get my stuff so there's more room, I was fine with that.

I've kind of been wanting a few minutes alone with him so this is a golden opportunity.

Once we were seated in the car and on our way I gave it a few moments before I struck up conversation.

"So...what exactly gave it away?" His eyes wondered over to me for a second before going back to the road.

"Well, it was a number of things I suppose..like when I saw your eyes it reminded me of her. Not a very common thing y'know, what do they call that? Heterochromia or some fancy shit like that?" I confirmed before he started talking again.

"So yeah there was that, and then the ring thing and I was like woah there's no way that's a coincidence." He shrugged and ran a hand through his hair.

I simply nodded and looked out the window.

"Hey so how's Gerard?" He looked a little taken back by my question and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Like, why does he act like that? Y'know..the whole mysterious douchebag vibe?" He laughed and shook his head.

"Yeah that's all bullshit. He's not really like that, probably just trying to show off or something." I didn't say anything in response to that, I couldn't really think of anything to say.

Luckily we turned into the parking lot for my apartment building so I'd have an excuse to not respond to that.

He parked the car and we started the journey to my apartment.

Once we were in my little home I grabbed two large suitcases, one for my bathroom essentials and shoes and one for my clothes.

Frank helped me fold shirts and pants and I sent him into my bathroom to grab stuff while I packed underwear and such.

He came back with two bags of bathroom stuff and I went to check behind him to make sure he didn't miss anything.

After I had all of my stuff I sighed and looked around my apartment. I can't say I'll miss it.

"Alright, are we ready?" I smiled at him and nodded, pulling the handle of the suitcase I was carrying.

"Onward."

We arrived back to the bus and I felt a little more awkward this time.

Probably because now I wasn't just here to hang out, this is where I'd be living for the next month.

Ray got up and showed me where I'd be sleeping, which was conveniently the top bunk across from Gerard's.

So that'll be fun, I get to make even more awkward eye contact with him.

After that I took my suitcases to the room in the back that was more of a storage room for them for their clothes and person items and such.

I was finally settled so I went into the little living area took a seat, watching Gerard and Mikey playing Call of Duty Black Ops on the TV.

Speaking of...

"Hey Gerard?" He turned around, looking slightly surprised.

"Can I get the wifi password?" He looked slightly disappointed, though I'm not sure why.

Maybe he was expecting more of an interesting question or comment.

"Uh yeah sure, hang on." He paused the game and got up, going over to the kitchen and taking a little notecard off of the fridge.

He returned and gave it to me, standing there as I entered the code into my phone.

Once I was done I handed it back to him, muttering a thank you.

He nodded at me and returned to his game.

I played solitaire on my phone while simultaneously watching Gerard.

Kind of creepy by some standards maybe, but I couldn't really help it.

He's very attractive first of all, but I rather enjoy observing him when he's not "pretending to be a douchebag" like Frank said he was.

Number one thing I've noticed about the white haired rockstar, he has a very certain concentration face.

His eyebrows furrow together and he bites his bottom lip a lot.

Like I said, very attractive.

He seemed to feel eyes on him because he turned to me for a split second.

I didn't bother looking away, it wouldn't have done any good anyway.

We held eye contact for a few seconds before he turned his attention back to the TV.

I sighed and continued playing, not really paying attention to the game.

Ray came in in sweatpants and a t-shirt, looking pretty comfy.

"Well this is boring." Ray stated out loud and I giggled a bit.

"You're right. Not what I expected to he going on in a tourbus full of rockstars."

Mikey, who looked mildly offended, turned and looked at me.

"Well excuse me. What do you suggest we do?" I thought about it for a second.

"I don't know a lot about you guys. How about we all get to know each other better?"

They all exchanged eye contact and came to a general agreed consensus.

"Hey Frank! Get your ass in here!" Gerard yelled a his band mate who rolled out of his bunk with a thud and lazily came and sat beside Mikey.

"The gangs all here." Gerard looked at everyone, wondering silently about what to do.

"We could play truth or dare but if a person doesn't want to do a dare they can just take a shot." We all stared at Mikey as we contemplated, eventually deciding that that would be a good idea.

Frank got up and returned with a bottle of fireball and five shot glasses.

"One shot each to start us to start?" I asked the question generally with a smile and Gerard gave me a smirk in return.

"Agreed."