Chapter 26:

Chapter 26:

I covered my mouth with my hands to hide my gasp as Jack threw Toby to the ground. Jack definitely saw Toby’s over exaggerated kiss, and I knew that he was pissed.

Toby kicked Jack in the gut, having my killer stumble backwards a few feet. “You fucker better learn how much is enough,” I heard an angry growl emerge from Jack’s lips. He sounded beyond enraged.

“You better learn to know the difference between acting and reality,” Toby retorted, trying to stand up only to be thrown back to the ground by Jack. Jack kicked him in the stomach, earning a painful groan from Toby.

Grabbing the collar of Toby’s shirt, Jack said, “Only I can kiss her like that! Only me!” With every word Jack punched Toby across the face. Ticci Toby had something flicker within him because he now started to fight back.

Fortunately, he didn’t have his hatchets with him so he couldn’t inflict that much damage to Jack. “Do that again and I’ll fucking gut you. It’s not like anyone would miss you,” Jack snapped, pushing Toby away from him. “Not even Clockwork.”

Ticci Toby had a white rage engulf him, and I didn’t know why. Who was Clockwork? I knew that Toby was going to strike but I needed to stop this fighting. We aren’t immortal, so we can’t survive each other’s attacks.

“Enough of this!” I snapped, stepping in between the two killers. The two didn’t seem to notice my words because they still gave each other a death look.

“She is mine, Toby. Don’t forget that,” Jack said, grabbing me and pulling me close.

“I don’t hear her complaining,” Ticci Toby challenged, glancing over to me. I gasped in anger, surprised that Toby could be this stupid. Jack took a step closer but I pulled him back. I noticed that Toby had a nose bleed and a lot of blood was dripping over his mouth. He didn’t even notice it.

What he just said, though, made me walk over to him and slap him straight across the face. Some of his blood got on my hand, and I just wiped it off on my jeans. “Come on Jack, let’s leave,” I said, tugging him along.

“No! I’m not through with him!” Jack snapped, wanting to get back but I was being resistant in letting him go. With a stern look, I dragged Jack behind me until we were outside.

It was lightly snowing, like usual, and I was already getting cold with the first step I took. “That child—he deserves to die,” Jack muttered under his breath. I rolled my eyes. I know what Toby did was wrong, but he doesn’t deserve to die for it. I’m not that cruel. Then again, Jack is obviously a bit protective of me.

After waiting for a minute of silence, Jack asked, “Don’t you agree?”

“No, Jack. I do agree that he is a stupid little bastard for doing what he did but he shouldn’t die for it,” I said, seeing a warm cloud as I spoke. Jack stopped walking, making me stop with him. He gave me the look. “Don’t look at me like that, Jack. I’m not saying that I support his stupidity.”

Jack continued walking, then out of the blue embraced me. I wrapped my arms around Jack, patting him lightly on the back. “You are right. I will not kill him for his stupidity,” Jack said, resting his head on mine. “But if he tries anything stupid like that again, you better tell me.”

I nodded, placing a light kiss on his mask. Jack released a deep sigh, gripping my hair tightly in his hands as if he were afraid to let me go. “Hey, at least we got out of that mess,” I chuckled as we continued to walk.

He shrugged in a partial agreement. “I suppose. I could have just killed them,” Jack said, putting his hands into his hoodie pocket.

“No, we want us to be inconspicuous. If we killed them, then the government would know what area we are in. We are trying to avoid that, Jack,” I said with rolling eyes.