Chapter 8

"Whose daughter is it?" Evie asked Adam. Evie's mind was swirling with wonder of the purple haired girl's parents.
   "We are pretty sure Maleficent is her mother." Adam said, which just happened to be the answer Evie did not want.
   Evie nodded and walked along to the dining room. "And?" her long haired friend, Jay asked. Evie gulped. "It's M-Maleficent's daughter." Evie stuttered out. Her brother and friends look at her in shock.
   "You mean she." a voice says. The four friends quickly turn their heads to a purple haired girl. "What are you doing here?" Ben asked. "I was just looking around." Mal said, shrugging. Mal looked over to Evie and said, "I'm a person too." Evie turned pale at the mention of something she said earlier.
   "Are you excited for school tomorrow?" Carlos asked. "School right. I guess. I don't know what to expect." Mal said truthfully. "You didn't go to school on Isle of the Lost?" Jay asked. Mal shook her head no and walked back up to her room.
"I feel so bad for her. Who knows what she's had to go through." Evie sadly said as Mal was reading her spell book.
   Mal was angry. No, she was furious. She wasn't sure if she was mad at the king, leaving her behind or what. "They have no idea what's coming for them." Mal whispered. She ended up just going to sleep instead of staying up and scheming.

The next day

Mal's alarm went off as Mal fell out of bed, in shock. She checked the time. It was 7:00. She groaned and quickly put on her clothes. She then went into her new bathroom, still shocked by the size of it. She's never had anything this nice. She found a hair brush and started awkwardly brushing her hair. She heard a knock and quickly went to open her bedroom door.
   She saw Evie and two boys. "Hi?." Mal said, although it sounded more like a question.
  "We thought we would walk you to school." a boy with dark roots and white hair on top said. Mal simply nodded her head, not knowing what else to do.
   "Oh. You haven't met them yet. That's Jay and Carlos." Evie smiled. Mal perked her head at the mention of their names. She remembered their parents talking about them. She grabbed a backpack that was sitting near her new desk and quickly grabbed her spell book. The four of them walked together to Auradon Prep.
They got there and Mal just looked around in shock. She had never been to a school before, so she had no idea what to expect.
   Evie showed her where her locker was. She put in the combination and opened it easily on her first try. Evie looked at her in disbelief. "How did you do that?" Evie asked. Mal just shrugged.
   Ben and a brunette came over to them. "Hey Mal. This is my girlfriend, Audrey. I thought I would introduce you two." Ben said. Audrey stuck out her hand and Mal stared at it. She finally shook it, still not use to the gesture.
   "It's great to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you." Audrey said all cheery. Mal nodded and secretly rolled her eyes as she turned back towards her locker. Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Audrey left. Mal sees her schedule in her locker. She shoved it in her pocket and slammed her locker shut.
   "I wouldn't slam it." Ben stated. Mal smiled and acted as if she had just thought of something. "Do you happen to know where the Fairy Godmother's wand is? I've heard a lot about it and I've always wanted to see it." Mal asked the future king. "I can show you after school." Ben offered. Mal nodded excitedly, as the bell began to ring.

                  After school

     "How was your first day of school?" Ben asked as he and Mal walk to the Museum of Cultural History. "Boring." Mal honestly answered. She didn't know anyone and the whole day everyone was staring at her. "It'll get better." Ben said optimistically.
   They got to the museum and Ben opened the door for Mal. She still wasn't use to people being nice to her.
   Ben lead her straight to the wand. Mal stared at it. She knew better than to just grab it. I'll just sneak in later and get it. Mal thought. Ben later dropped her off at her room.
   Mal wanted to paint something, but she didn't know what. Then, she remembered a blank wall down the hall. She grabbed her spray paints and shoved them in a bag. She picked up the bag and ran down the hall.
   Luckily, no one was there. She decided to paint her signature heart made of two dragons. She didn't write anything this time. She didn't want them to know she was the one who painted on the wall, yet.

What ships do you want in this book? I will probably do Bal, but I'm not sure.