Prologue - "We're going to Hogwarts!"

Start from the beginning

                There was a short blast from the train signalling for the students to get on. Remus gave his father a hug and ran over to his mother to say good bye. She enveloped him in a suffocating hug and he noticed Tasmin and the older girl giving each child a hug goodbye and the two of them wrapping their arms around Olivia before climbing onto the train. Remus broke from his mother and she began to cry softly as she watched her only child leave until Christmas. Mr Lupin took her hand and the last thing Remus saw before disappearing on the train was the look of pure love they shared. Having already put his trunk into a compartment Remus went to find it.

                Tasmin followed Savannah half way up the train until she turned and faced her with a warm smile. “You wanna join me?” Savannah asked as she nodded to the compartment that held all of her friends eagerly awaiting her. Tasmin thought for a minute before shaking her head.

“I think I’ll look for some first years, try and make some new friends you know?” Savannah looked hesitant before nodding.

“Okay, but remember to get into your robes and be polite, here’s some money if you want some sweets, but don’t eat too much or you’ll get sick and besides you still have the feast and-“ Tasmin laughed as Savannah rambled.

“I’ll be fine; if I need you I know where you are. Besides, you’re in third year you don’t want me hanging around you.” Savannah smiled and went into her friends but she watched as Tasmin went up two more compartments before seeing one with only one boy in it.

                 It was the boy from the platform whose mother was talking to Olivia. He was silently reading a book and she knocked on the sliding door. His head snapped up and he gave her a small smile. Tasmin stepped into the compartment and stuck her hand out to him. “I’m Tasmin Green. Do you mind if I sit here?” Remus took her hand gently and shook his head.

“I’m Remus Lupin.” Tasmin sat down across from him and leaned her head against the window. Remus began to read his book again when the compartment door slide open to reveal two boys. Remus recognised the shorter of the two as James Potter. The other boy was a full head taller and just sauntered in and flopped onto the seat beside Tasmin. James shook his head and smiled.

“Hey Remus,” James grinned, he turned to Tasmin gave her an awkward wave. “I’m James.” Tasmin smiled and waved back.

“Tasmin.” The other boy looked between the two of them and put his hands behind his head, careful not to mess up his chin length coal black hair.

“Sirius.”

“What’s serious?” Tasmin asked in confusion.

“My name is Sirius Black.” Tasmin tried hard not to smile but she failed. After a few minutes she started to laugh, it then became hysterical and she felt the tears cascade down her face. James joined her and Remus started to chuckle. Sirius shook his head before throwing his head back and let out a laugh like a bark. Their random laughter was cut short when a pretty, petite red-haired. She looked upset and Tasmin scooted over to let her sit down. The boys kept laughing and talking and when the young girl sat down she pressed her face against the window. She sat frozen in that position for half an hour before the door slide open for what Tasmin hoped to be the last time. The compartment was very crowded.