19. It'll be alright

The week went by faster than they thought. Jay was yet to come home after she had caught the flu and was unable to come home. Louis had been worried out of his mind, going as far as getting sick himself because of the stress. That had caused Blake to have a major freak out and sleep next to Louis for the whole week and refusing to leave his side no matter what. She was responding well to treatment and was getting better, something that had made Louis feel better, enough to enjoy his first halloween with Blake.

They were in the family room by the kitchen, watching A Nightmare Before Christmas while they waited for Harry to come home. Blake's costume was already on his bed, ready for him to put it on and go trick or treating. They were eating popcorn and watching Sally singing on screen when Louis' phone went off. It scared the hell out of them, making Blake drop the bowl of popcorn on the rug.

"Pick them up, baby." Louis told him before he answered. He spoke for a few minutes then hung up and looked at Blake.

"It was papa, he wants us to get ready. Jacob's parents will be here in a bit." He told him.

"Can I shower first?" Blake asked.

"I think we should wait until after we come back. It's cold outside and I don't want you to get sick." Louis wrapped his arms around Blake, kissing the side of his head before he let him go so he could change.

Louis got up soon after and was putting away all the dishes after he had left the dishwasher open so they could cool off when he heard the garage door. He looked out the window and saw a black car slowing down in front of his house. Harry walked in seconds later and Louis smiled, leaving the glass on the countertop to run to Harry and kiss him. Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's neck and Harry around Louis' waist as they kissed. They had to let go when there was a knock on their front door and Blake was shouting that he got it.

He was always faster than his parents, and when they finally made it there, their son was already shaking hands with them. He already had on his costume, but the wig was badly put on and he was still barefooted. Louis and Harry wanted to laugh when Blake told them to come in, taking their coats and hanging them on the coat rack.

"I'm glad you could make it." Harry shook hands with the adults, and waved at Jacob.

"Thank you for inviting us." Max told him, placing his hand on his son's shoulder.

"Jacob's really excited." Angie said.

"I'm really excited too!" Blake stood in front of Jacob, wanting to make him feel comfortable. "And we match too, I think our costumes are the best. Do you want to come watch a movie with me?" He asked, not giving Jacob time to answer when he was already pulling him to the living room.

"Your son is a sweetheart." Angie told Louis and Harry.

"He's been waiting all this week to meet him." Louis said, turning to look at his son who was showing Harley to Jacob. The dog was dressed up as a lion, a costume Blake had picked out for him.

"How are we going to do this?" Max asked. "Do we all ride in one car?"

"I think mine." Harry suggested. "It's bigger, but first I think they should go trick or treating around the neighborhood. Who knows, they might fully fill their bags here."

"That sounds good." Max nodded.

"Blake still needs his shoes." Louis said as he looked around for them.

He excused himself to run upstairs to get socks and the black boots they had gotten Blake for his costume. When he walked in he shook his head at the mess his son had in his bedroom and instead of getting what he was supposed to, he started picking up. He made sure to leave his books there when he already knew his son hated when they moved them. He already had a system going on when it came to things on his desk.