Chapter 1~ Too little too late

Please don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy! :)

The room was big enough to fit a crowd of fifty people yet with only him there, it felt suffocating and as if it was closing in on him. He took a deep breath still sitting on the only chair in the room, a cold metal table pushed against the wall with nothing but a file he had placed there upon arriving. Harry could feel himself slowly start to shiver when the cold temperature of the room started getting colder due to the high temperatures outside.

He hated the summer.

He let out a shaky breath realizing how cold it really was when he could see his own breath yet didn't dare himself to leave just yet. He couldn't stop looking at him, couldn't leave him alone...at least not yet. When he finally got up he made his way to the front of the room placing his hand against the freezing glass of the only capsule in the room per Mark's orders that held his whole life. Ice crystals were slowly forming on the glass giving him an angelic look, his light brown hair brushed back where it would stay forever frozen in place.

He felt the tears prickling his eyes biting on his bottom lip to keep himself from sobbing when even after nine years he still looked the same, and Harry still loved him with all his heart. He took a step closer until he was right against the frosty glass and face to face with him wanting to see his bright blue eyes that used to look right back at him with as much love as Harry still did. He never stopped feeling the same.

He rested his forehead against the glass not caring how cold it was and finally let the tears fall wondering why everything had gone wrong. Wondering why life had been cruel to them, why they hadn't been allowed to be happy when they had the chance.

When his forehead started hurting he pulled back wiping his tears away as he did so knowing it was time to go for the day, time to go back to the only thing he had left of Louis. Time to go and spend his time trying to find the only way that would give him his love back.

"I love you, Lou." He whispered fighting the tears that felt so good yet brought the most painful emotions along with them, "Blake loves you too, he always asks me to tell you." Harry whispered then left the room without looking back.

He knew that if he did, he would never leave again.

He walked through the corridors of Tomlinson's Cryogenic Institute ignoring everybody on his way back to his office Mark had given him so he could have somewhere to stay whenever he would visit Louis. When he was there he took a seat on the chair rubbing his hands on his face trying to calm down. Once he was finally calm he got up and took his white coat off replacing it with his black suit jacket just wanting to go back home to Blake and spend the rest of the day with him.

"Leaving already?" Mark asked poking his head in after seeing the door was open.

"Yes, I promised Blake we were going to watch The Avengers." Harry responded without looking at him.

"You've been crying again." Mark stated making Harry roll his eyes, "I told you that as soon as you find a way to get and keep his heart going after resuscitation so it regenerates we ca-"

"And what if I don't, Mark? What if I never do and he stays like that forever..if you hadn't- forget it, I'm going home."

"I know it was my fault Harry. I know it was and trust me that I've lived the past nine years wanting to go back and change everything, change the way I acted and the way I did things. It kills me to see him like that everyday and not being able to do anything. I hate myself because it's my fault he missed all these nine years and my grandson never got to have his father around."