"You look beautiful sweetie" I said.

"Thanks" she smiled and sat down next to me on the couch.

A few minutes later, we heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it, it's probably Josh" she said, except it's not. Jimi and I told our parents about the talent show and invited them. Jimi's Mom is meeting us at the theater, but my parents are stopping by our house first. I got a text at 6:00 this morning from my mom saying they were on their way and would have time to stop by before we left.

I let her go get the door and waited for her reaction.

"OH MY GOSH! What are you doing here?" She said excitedly and wrapped her arms around both of them.

"We heard you wrote a song and are performing it in a talent show today" My dad said.

"Yeah" she said with a huge smile.

"You guys came all the way up here just to see me sing?" she asked.

"Of course we did" my mom said and gave her another hug. They came in the house and joined Jimi and I in the living room.

"Nana, Papa!" Elijah said and came running.

"Hey little man" my dad said and pulled him on his lap.

"What are you guys doing here?" Elijah asked.

"We came to see Emma sing today" my mom said and he nodded.

A little bit before 10:00, we heard the doorbell ring again. This time it was probably Josh.

"Josh is here" Emma said with a smile.

"So, we get to meet the boyfriend today too?" My mom asked excitedly.

"You do" I said with a smile.

Emma went to go answer the door.

"Hey Josh" she said with a smile.

"Hey. You look beautiful" he said and Emma moved to the side so he could come in the house.

"Josh, these are my grandparents from Georgia. They came about a half an hour ago as a surprise" she said with a smile.

"Well, actually we knew they were coming" I said with a giggle.

"Nana, Papa, this is Josh" she said and introduced him.

"It's very nice to meet you Josh, Emma's told us a lot about you" my mom said and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you, son" my dad said and stood up taller to try to be more intimidating and shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you too" Josh said. I could tell he was a little nervous especially since he had no warning about meeting the grandparents today.

"We should probably get going" Jimi said. We got our things and headed out to the car.

Emma was silent the entire ride to the theater and stared out the window. We pulled into the parking lot and Emma took in a deep breath. Jimi parked the car and we all climbed out. Jimi got the guitars out of the back and carried them inside. We stood in the check in line.

"We're going to go grab some seats. How many should we save?" My mom asked.

"Nine" I said as I finished counting in my head.

"Okay. Little man why don't you come with us and help us save seats for everyone" My mom said.

"Okay" he said and went over to my dad.