Chapter 17

Jenny's P.O.V.

Breath. Just breath. Come on. Hot, it's so hot. Where the hell am I?

"Just hang in there Jenny. Just hang in there"

My eyes only opened halfway but my vision was too blurry. I couldn't make the face out but the voice became disoriented as they kept talking to me. I closed my eyes causing everything to go black.

-

"Carly, your going to dig a hole into the floor" John said as he sat outside of the room while Carly was pacing back and forth.

"Two hours. It's been two hours John how long is George going to take?!" She said not stopping.

"Babe, the wound was pretty deep. There was a lot of blood. Plus George doesn't know much about surgeries but he's our closet person to medical knowledge since Dr. Carson isn't here" John explained

"I didn't even see what happened or who did it" Carly said almost hyperventilating. Jenny is her best friend.

John stood up and stood in front of Carly causing her to stop. He cupped his hands over her face "Everything is going to be okay"

Tears emerged at the edge of her eyes "She's my best friend John"

"I know. But you have to believe everything will be okay"

She buried her face in his face and sobbed "What about Jesus, how are we going to tell him?" She wailed

"Don't worry about it. I'll find him when he gets back and let him know"

The door opened causing Carly and John to turn their attention to George as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

-

John's P.OV.

After speaking with George I left Carly in the room while I walked downstairs. I hurried when I heard commotion outside. After running outside I saw Gregory on the ground bleeding with a woman holding him. I moved my eyes up to see Jesus standing in between Kal and a man holding a gun. Kal had his spear ready to throw while the man had the gun ready to shoot. I watched as Jesus spoke making the situation settle down.

There were people here I didn't recognize, must be another group. They took Gregory inside so Dr. Carson could work on him. I watched as they took him in, I was relieved they weren't taking him to the room Jenny was in. Jesus took the new group into a big room. I was intrigued to ask their names but I didn't. I wanted to go let Jesus know about Jenny but he was with Gregory in the room. I hadn't realized my shirt was still covered in Jenny's blood. Jesus hadn't even noticed. I went to wash up quickly and change clothes. I stood on the dirt outside and watched as they burned the bodies of those who died. I turned around to see Jesus talking to the group.

I saw Dr. Carson walk passed me and towards the building "Dr. Carson" I called out as I ran up to him "How's Gregory?"

We stopped walking and he turned to me "He's okay. I was able to patch him up. He's in pain but he will be just fine"

I nodded my head.

"I heard about Jenny, I'm sorry. I was just about to go check on her. Know how it happened?"