21✉

Riley looked back at Maya to see she was fast asleep. She slowly moved away from Maya trying not to wake her.

Luckily, Maya was still asleep. Riley went into Maya's bathroom and found exactly what she was looking for, a robe. She put on Maya's fluffy black robe and proceeded to leave the apartment building.

A cold air greeted her as she walked outside. Riley's eyes adjusted to the darkness and soon she saw Lucas walking in her direction.

"Riley!" He shouted excitedly and pulled her in for a hug. He planted a kiss on her cheek and smiled widely at her.

"I'm so happy to see you." Lucas said with his arms still wrapped around Riley's waist. "I'm happy to see you too." Riley said looking up at Lucas.

He was much taller than her and it's simply because Riley is super short. "Please don't say you've come here to convince me to come home."

"Not exactly..."

"What do you mean?"

"I bought us plane tickets to Texas!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Really?" Riley asked excitedly.

"I wanted to compete in a rodeo back there and I bought you a plane ticket because I wanted some support while there."

"Your amazing." Riley smiled and hugged Lucas tightly.

"I even got tickets for one of your other friends to come. We're only staying 3 days in Texas though."

"When are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow! It's basically tomorrow today cause it's 2 am. I need to pack clothes and I'm not even home!"

"I'll buy you some."

"Your sweet, but I don't want that."

"Then I'll drive you home! Lets go." Lucas took Riley's hand and led her to his car. "What about Maya? I can't just leave her here. Maybe she could be the one I'll take with me."

Lucas immediately wanted to disagree with Riley. He was actually hoping that Riley wouldn't want to actually bring a friend and it'll just a time for them to have some alone time. He still bought a extra ticket though just to make Riley happy.

"Uh- text her about it."

"Ok."

Riley entered the passenger seat and Lucas entered the drivers seat.

"So..how's it at school." Riley asked as Lucas started to drive away from the apartment building.

"I....didn't tell anyone about our nights, Riley. I never would do that to you, but Farkle was just jealous and told everyone. I'm so sorry you had to go through that Riles."

"It's not your fault."

"Riley, you know I ...love you and I ...don't want anything to happen to you. Next time when your feeling bad ditch school with me not ditch and leave me alone for almost 2 weeks."