t w e n t y - s i x

Start from the beginning

"You're staring at a broken windshield." Scott said.

"There's something wrong with it." Stiles said.

"Well duh." I said. "Typically a windshield isn't broken."

I grabbed a shard of glass.

"And all these little pieces are one big piece."

"It wasn't a magic bullet, it was a regular bullet." Scott said. "That blew out a regular windshield."

I held the shard of glass in my hand to the moonlight.

"I'm not sure." I said and handed Scott the piece of glass. "Look at the other windshields. They're cracked, not completely blown out."

"Magic bullet." Stiles said.

--------------

The next day at school was year book photos day. I took my picture and then it was Malia's turn. I walked over and sat next to Scott.

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"Homework I didn't do last night."

Lydia sat down too and opened a school textbook. I grabbed out my Bio stuff and began to read over it.

Malia and Stiles talked about the yearbook photos as the rest of us listened.

"It's blank!" Malia said.

"Or maybe you're sublimating the stress of graduating by avoiding key milestones." Scott said as we all looked at him. "Psych paper."

"Makes sense." I said and looked at Lydia.

"Hey, the deputy searched the car." Stiles said. "No slugs, no exit hole. And the address Alex gave my dad, it's an abandoned house. Come on! Missing parents, suspicious guy on horseback, magic bullet. Who's comin' with?

"I've gotta retake my photos." Malia said.

"Yeah, not interested." Lydia said.

Stiles looked at me.

"Well, Brett's got testing all day so I'm free." I said.

"I cannot miss anymore classes." Scott said. "I missed thirty - eight last semester."

"I missed forty - two." I said and looked at him. "Suck it up."

"Lydia's mom is the only reason we're still in school." Scott said.

"True." I said. "Maybe after school."

"You know what? Forget it. I'll take Liam." He said.

We all looked over and saw him making out with Hayden.

"If you can tear the two apart." I said. "Been trying since day one."

"Yeah, bad idea."

I chuckled at him.

"Hey can I get a candid?" The yearbook girl asked.

I scooted over and pulled Stiles down. I was sitting between Scott and Stiles. Scott put his arm around me, as friends, and we all smiled.

-----------

"Thirty nine and forty three?" Stiles asked Scott and I as we walked out.

"Thirty nine." Scott answered.

"Forty three." I replied.

We all walked out, getting pulled back in by Lydia's mom.

"None of you are going anywhere." She said. "Thirty eight classes Scott. And Forty two Blaire. Do you know how much begging I had to do?"