Chapter Sixteen - Back Together

A/N Hey guys! I just wanted to thank you for all the support you guys have given me, especially on the last chapter. :3

Without further ado, I present chapter sixteen!

Chapter Sixteen - Back Together

ELLIE'S POV

For a second when I looked into Jordan's eyes, I saw something flicker behind them, sorrow, regret, hurt. But it disappeared faster than I could comprehend.

"Hello," he said, swallowing.

I was about to respond, perhaps telling him I was sorry, but he quickly cut in before I could say anything else. "What's your name?" he said casuaully, hugging the girl from behind.

He's pretending he doesn't know me... I thought. I took a deep breath, forcing a dull smile, and then said, "I'm Ellie Quinn. Welcome to the neighborhood."

"Oh thank you!" the girl said sweetly as I handed her the basket. "I'm Heather by the way, this is my boyfriend, Jordan."

She stuck out her hand and I shook it. I was about to turn and leave when I saw Jordan stick out his hand too.

His gaze burned into my skull, and I swallowed back a lump that had formed in my throat. I shakily stuck out my hand as well and shook it.

Before I knew it, I could feel tears about to pour out. It was one thing for Jordan to return in two months, but it was another for him to be here with another girl.

I spun around and fled. I wiped away tears from my eyes right when I had turned around. I ran as fast as I could, all the way to the park.

I saw a nearby bench and plopped down in it, letting the tears go. My body racked with the tears flowing out of my eyes when I heard a soft voice say, "Ellie?"

JORDAN'S POV

I continued to unbox the "Memories" box that I had brought to the house. I was shifting through all of them when I found a photo frame.

I took it out and stared at the photo of Ellie and I from graduation, smiling and happy. I bit my lip and closed my eyes tightly, thinking of how she was in the pool with Justin.

Maybe I should have let her explain... Damn it, Jordan! You think of this now? Maybe I'll see her again, I mean, she most likely still lives here, right? I thought.

I set down the photo on the bedside table when I heard the doorbell ring. Heather quickly called out, "I got it!"

Honestly, I didn't really like Heather. I mean, obviously I liked her as a friend, but she was so different from Ellie.

Sure, Heather was society's view of "perfect," but Ellie will always be my view of perfect in a girl.

"Hi!" I heard Heather's bouncy voice say.

I started to walk to the entrance, curious as to who was at the door.

"Hi," I heard a very familiar voice say.

Ellie? I thought, rushing to the door now.

"Babe, who's at the door?" I called out. I saw the familiar brown hair and beautiful eyes as I stepped forward. I need to make her think that I moved on from her. I thought. But how?

I wrapped my arms around Heather from behind and rested my chin on her head. I saw Ellie's mouth open slightly.

Oh, god! I can't let Heather know I already know her... too much drama. I thought. "Hello," I quickly said.