Chapter Three - Meeting Him

ELLIE'S POV

Me and Jordan pulled apart right when we heard my mother open the door. She dropped the glass of water she was already carrying in her hand and covered her mouth, right before the glass hit the floor and shattered into pieces.

Jordan quickly removed his hands from my cheeks, and I quickly took my hands away from his upper arms, which I was holding while we were kissing.

Kissing. I smiled slightly, blushing a dark shade of red.

When my mother didn't move, and none of said anything, Jordan quietly spoke up and said, "I should probably leave now."

My mother shifted to the right slightly to give Jordan a clear passageway out, and her glare began to bore into him. He started to walk forward uncomfortably, but I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

"You stay," I said simply, now locking his arms with mine.

My mother finally spoke up, "What were you doing, Ellie?"

I paused and thought of how to respond. I decided a few moments later that I would just play along with her, telling the truth, not letting her win.

"What did it look like I was doing, mom? I was kissing Jordan," I said, clenching my jaw so I wouldn't sound too angry.

My mother breathed deeply. "Yes, I saw that. And why were you doing that?"

I felt Jordan tense up, waiting for my response. This was the time that I would either tell him I liked him too, or reject him. Of course I would go for the first option.

"Because," I began, swallowing my spit. "I like him."

I felt Jordan look down momentarily, and I saw both blush and a small grin creep up his face. I smiled at his embarrassment.

"Cut the bullshit, Ellie," my mother said, suddenly furious as she stepped forward, not even worrying about the glass she was stepping on with her heels. "You're engaged!"

I stared straight at my mom, not even flinching when she stepped right in front of me. I lifted up my left hand. "Does it look like I'm wearing a fucking ring, mom?" I said.

My mother huffed. She stepped out of my room, said with an angry voice, "Just be ready in thirty minutes, you're meeting your fiance today, and Jordan, don't stay too long," then slammed the door.

I sighed immediately when I heard my door slam. I flopped down on the bed face first, and groaned loudly, "Why is my mom so obnoxious..." I mumbled into the pillow.

I felt the weight of the bed shift as Jordan sat next to me, near the edge. "Come on, Ellie, we should get you ready."

I turned to look at him, a look of confusion on my face. "I thought you didn't want me to get ready," I teased.

"Well, that was before I knew you liked me," he teased back, and I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks, but my smile fell.

"But Jordan, I'm meeting my fiance today. And I'm really sorry to break it to you, but it's not you," I said, scrunching up my face while sitting up to face him.

I saw him bite his lip, clearly deep in thought.

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and said, "We'll just see what happens," he said quietly.

I smiled and nodded.

"But anyways," he said, getting up and sticking out his hand for me to grab. "Let's get you dressed and ready to meet this lucky man."