Something That I Haven't Heard In Quite A While

Start from the beginning

"She's definitely into you," Frank states as if it's the most obvious thing ever. "Aside from your little stunt in Lazarra's class 2 weeks ago, you don't know shit about agriculture." I scoff and shake my head.

"As if, I do know the material and you know that." I tell him defensively. A girl like that isn't into the weird red neck wannabe kid who has no friends. She likes boys who dress nicely and have big hopes and dreams. What do I have? Knowledge on agriculture? Psh, Frank must be really high if he thinks she'd be into me.

"Maybe but think about it, you aren't exactly seen as the brightest." I sigh and agree. He has a point there. Academically, I don't think I'm that intelligent. But I have a lot of common sense and I understand other stuff.  I just have too much life experience.

"Okay, but let's say I do show her some stuff on agriculture, what then? Will she make a move on me or do I have to do it?" Frank laughs at my innocence.

"You have much to learn about girls my friend," He pats my back and walks off in the direction of his next class.

"But you're gay!" I shout at him but I don't think he heard me.

I sigh and try to carry on with my life.

-

"Can't believe Frankie threw you under the bus like that," Mikey joked. "I KNOW!" I exclaimed. Mikey just shook his head laughing. He came over today since Gee couldn't pick him up. My mom thought it was a bit weird for him to stay on a thursday but allowed it since she liked Mikey.

"When's she supposed to come by anyways?" He asks as he sits on my bed. I ponder for a bit not knowing how to answer.

"Not sure actually. Knowing Frank, he probably gave her my address," I say with a smile. Mikey raises his eyebrow at me. He probably knows why I'm at least a little excited for her to come over.

"So this Meagan girl, is she pretty?" he asks curiously. I nod because truth be told, she is really pretty. You'd have to be a mad man not to realize that.

"Yeah, but what if she isn't as nice as she usually is?" Mikey laughs at my innocence just like Frank did earlier today. I don't get why though.

"I have a feeling you have nothing to worry about," he says but before I can question his statement, we both see a car pull up to my house from my window.

"Is that her?" I shrug. We had talked occasionally when she bought coffee at the place I work at. However, I had no actual knowledge of what her car looked like in the slightest.

We look out of the window and we see a very happy looking Rian step out of the vehicle.

"Peter, get down here. I can see you!" he yells excitedly. Mikey and I look at each other, our facial expressions turn to excited ones as we run down the stairs towards the front door. My mom stops us just as we are about to open the door.

"What's got you two all excited?" she asks like she's entertained. Mikey simply points at the door. My mom sighs and opens it to reveal an almost glowing Rian.

"Good afternoon, Dale." Rian says happily. My mom rolls her eyes at him.

"Careful Robert," she says before closing the door on him and going upstairs. I open the door again and Rian's perfect smile falters as he sees Mikey.