My mom and I would grab a late dinner the days I came to the precinct with her, but not always. She sometimes gets called away on a case at weird times, but I've been in this situation since I was born, so it didn't bother me as much. I guess I just worried for her safety most of the times.

She has been shot once before and has had a gun to her head and she's has many gambling and drinking issues in her past. My aunt Kim is an x fugitive and my mother really refuses for me to see her unless it was an emergency.

Then all these cases create even more stress for her on top of it all. But I know my mom loves her job and her squad will keep her safe. I worry more about her that I do about myself.

"Jesse! Grab that bagel and some cream cheese and a plastic butter knife and meet me in the car! We're gonna be late!" I heard Sandy tell to me from down the hallway.

"Coming now!" I yelled to her.

I heard the door slam behind her, and I skipped down to the kitchen and took the bagel and plastic knife and cream cheese she left me. I quickly took a napkin and a water bottle from the fridge and two bucks before running out the door after Sandy.

When I reached the car in our buildings parking lot, I saw a very nervous and stressed Sandy.

She was running her fingers through her dark chocolate hair and tapping her foot on the ground while staring at her watch.

"I'm here, don't freak out San!" I called out as I jumped into the packed back seat.

"Alright let's go!" She yelled and slammed the car into reverse.

She sped down to my school, and ushered me out and blew me a kiss.

"Got your money, breakfast, water, homework, keys, and act together?" She asked me with a half hearted smile.

"Got it," I laughed at her.

"Good," she said, "I'll see you tonight. Your mom just texted me she's working late today, but that Sonny will be over for a quick visit to see you tonight. She said that you should start cleaning your room for next Monday when we have everyone over when you get home today," she rambled.

"Okay I got it Sandy. See you later," I said as I jogged into my school.

She hadn't bothered to wave to me again as I saw her speed off to run another motherly errand for my mom at work.

I still had some time to spare before first period, so I went to the high school connection part of my school to say hey to Noah.

I took the short cut to the South end of the school where the high school was located and went up to Noah's locker.

"What's up Noah?" I asked him as he got up from putting a book in his bag.

"Hey Jess, how goes it?" He asked me as he high fives someone who walked down the hallway.

"It's good, I just had some time before my first period and just wanted to see how you were, and how your mom was. I heard about the big shoot down yesterday," I whispered to him.

Police matters were supposed to stay private.

"She's good. She was a bit shaken up, but we watched The Notebook when she got home and that eased her nerves," he said, chuckling at the last part.

"That's something you would do," I said.

Before we could continue, the warning bell rang.

"Crap, I've got to run. Maybe we can meet up later. I'm not pressed to get home by 3:30 today. I can stay here until 4:45," I said, flipping through my schedule.

"Sounds good. Get going, don't wanna be late," he said, playfully nudging me.

"Okay, see you in about seven hours,"I said.

He laughed at me.

"Bye!" I yelled as I ran back to the junior high North end.

I came in just in time for class to start.