chapter 38

Ellie's POV - May 12th

Today is the day. Today is the day I have been waiting for, my wedding day.

I'm a nervous wreck. Erin and my mum are trying to calm my nerves with positive words but it makes me feel so much more stressed.

"Calm down sweetie!" My mum said. She grabbed my shoulders and shook me slightly, "today is about you and Jaime, you need to calm!" She added. I nodded my head and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, it's just a big day and I'm nervous!" I said.

"We understand that but you need to calm down and get ready so you're not late!" She replied. I don't know why I was so nervous, I'm going to become Jaime's wife today but it's the commitment that scares me the most, I'll be married for the rest of my life.

Megan was occupied by playing with her toys and Jacob was asleep in his pram so there was 2 less things to worry about for now.

Firstly I had to get my hair and makeup done, my mum had paid for her hairdresser to come along and do it for me, I was currently sitting in a chair while Jasmine, I think that's her name, was brushing my hair.

"What do you want done to your hair?" She asked politely.

"I want curls, like, loose pretty curls, I like them!" I explained with a smile. She nodded her head with understanding and plugged in the curling irons.

"I can do that for you!" She smiled. So far so good, I thought.

As she was doing my hair, Jasmine was asking me questions about Jaime and my kids which I happily answered, I loved talking about them to anyone who asked about them, they're my pride and joy. Talking about them made me feel more calm and less stressed because after this day is over, we'll be a proper happy family and I genuinely can't wait.

"All done!" Jasmine smiled and turned me round so I could look at myself in the mirror. I grinned widely. My hair was perfect, it was just how I wanted it. She had curled my hair but done them loosely and did my hair in a middle parten so it fell gracefully round my oddly shaped face.

"It's perfect!" I replied with a smile.

"Now makeup time!" She announced and took out her makeup bag.

I explained to her how I wanted it and she got on with it. I hated other people doing my make up but as I'm not very good at anything but mascara then I think it's best if she did it for me.

"And.. Done!" She smiled. I looked in the mirror and didn't even recognise myself, I looked so different with different hair and makeup. She made my green eyes stand out but she didn't over do it, it was just right.

"Wow.. Thank you so much, it's just how I wanted it!" I thanked her.

"Not a problem sweetie, this Jaime fella is a lucky guy" She said. That made me genuinely smile.

"Thank you Jasmine!" I replied. I stood up off my chair and pulled her into a friendly hug, I may not know her very well but she's a great girl and deserved a hug from me to say thank you. She hugged back.

"I hope you two live a happy life together!" She said into my ear. I pulled away and smiled.

"Thank you, are you married?" I asked. She shook her head.

"No, I have a boyfriend but we're not the marriage stage yet" She explained and I just nodded in understanding.

She then left, it was a shame she didn't stay for the wedding but she said she was very busy with work so she couldn't and I fully understood that.