Lost (Chapter 16)

(Trigger Warning: mention of drugs, prostitution and self inflicted injuries.)

I look around and all I see is lights, so many blinding lights surrounding my space where I lay, cold, frozen, lost. I try screaming but no matter how hard I try nothing would come out. I'm almost completely numb, the doctors touch is almost like air against my skin, I can't feel it. Strapped down by wires in my skin that I wouldn't have known were there if I hadn't have looked.

I close my eyes, still numb to almost everything until I feel something warm against my arm, I could recognise this touch, it was the only thing I could feel. Josh. I open my eyes and I ask "I'm in heaven, death is so peaceful, my angel" my voice still so weak. I keep thinking the same thing until I hear one line repeated 5 times "you're alive, you are alive my love." I lift my arm away from his hand and rub my tired, blood shot eyes and sit up. I then came to the realisation that I was infact alive and I had my angel sitting next to me.

6 WEEKS LATER

"The doctors said you are fit enough to leave today" was the words I woke up to. Josh leaned over to me and gave me a kiss on all 5 of my major scars I received from the crash. I looked over to him and just stared at him, his beauty made my heart skip a beat. "and babe, if you are feeling up to it, we can have a chat about everything that has happened, is that okay?" He asked. I nodded, still unable to fully wake up.

"My darling, healed" he said to me as I replied with a smile. I walked, with a limp to his car and he strapped me in knowing full well I could do it myself but he was treating me like a prince. As he drove I asked "why?...Why did you come back to me?" I could see the guilt in his eyes, I could tell that there was a story about to be told to me, that I wouldn't expect from Josh.

Josh's Story.

It seemed right at the time, I hadn't fallen out of love with Tyler, I just felt that Debby could give me more, at the time. We bought an apartment together in a foul area, infested with drug addicts, drug dealers and more. One day Debby brought some sort of drug back and practically tied me up and made me take it, it felt great to be honest, I almost miss the rush and being high in general. I didn't have a job and neither did she, well not a proper job, she would get money from people, to do stuff and that would pay the rent and the drug money. All I can remember is when being high, we would fuck, every night, almost all day apart from when she had to earn money. It didn't feel as good as fucking Tyler. Debby never made me completely satisfied. One night, she came back with a serious hard drug, and she made me take it and she took it herself. I can't remember much until I woke up to choking, Debby was laying on her back choking on her vomit and something inside me told me not to move her, something told me to let her choke, let her die, and she did. Her drug filled body just layed there right infront of me and I wasn't bothered by it and I'm still not, I'm no longer a disgusting human being like I was when I was in her presence. I left her to be found, I got taken to the police after they found evidence of me being there and I just told them that I had been controlled by her. That all happened in the space of 6 months. I finally started recovery sessions because even though she forced me into taking the drugs, I still felt temptation of taking them again but thinking of Tyler and being able to see him after I had almost fully recovered kept me going. 6 months of recovery completed and then I heard the news about Tyler. This was my time to come back to him, to give him what I owe him, and that was my life and full commitment.

Tyler's POV.

"You are completely off the drugs now though, right?" I asked and he simply nodded. I stepped out of the car,we had been parked outside of the house for about an hour now but I had to listen to his story without any interruptions.

"Let's order a pizza" Josh said and I agreed. He called the pizza place and then I layed in his arms. "I missed this when you were gone." I said. I reached up to hold his head and I pressed my lips against his, he kissed back but with more passion, each time we changed the degrees of our heads out kiss became more passionate. He pulled my body on top of him and began to take my shirt off. "STOP." I said but I didn't say it quick enough, he then saw my scars I had given myself. I thought he was going to be dissapointed in me but instead like he did with my scars from the accident, he kissed each one, apologised and we then carried on with our much needed evening back together.

AN- So... What did you all thing of my returning chapter? I really hope you enjoyed it and being able to hear about Josh's story of what happened. I put a trigger warning at the beginning because I don't want any of you to be affected by my writing in a bad way, always message me if you want to talk about stuff, I'm all ears, so, thank you everybody and I'll hopefully be back❤️