Lessons Learned~20

Start from the beginning

"Let's go naked." I commented. He carried me down to the water where his brother's had lanterns set down on the shore. I took my clothes off before getting into the water with Luke following behind. 

"Are you naked?" Ben asked and I nodded giggling. 

"Keep your eyes off my girlfriend." Luke said as we swam and I wrapped my arms and legs around him and rested against his back. 

"It's kinda cold. I bet there's dead bodies in here." I commented as he stopped. 

"McKinley!" He whined and I giggled. "Now I'm freaked out." He commented. 

"I'm cold." I looked down at my hands that to me looked blue but Luke said they didn't. I felt as though he was a liar. 

He wrapped me in a ton of blanket before joining me in bed. 

The next morning I woke up with a rash all over my body, from my neck to my feet. It was burning and it was the worst pain I've ever felt in my entire life. I looked in the mirror and it was literally covering all inches of my body besides my face. 

"Luke!" I shouted afraid. He came running and nearly fell as he stopped and looked at me. 

"Oh my god." He asked stepping back. "What the hell is that?" He asked. 

"I don't know!" I freaked. He reached forward to touch it. "Don't touch it!" I shouted. "It's burning." I cried out in pain reaching for his hand. "Do something." I whined. 

"Olay, okay." He said running out of the room and coming back with Celeste. 

"Oh my god!" She said rushing to me. I was shaking I was so afraid. "What's the pain level?" She asked. 

"About a 7." I whined before realizing I was naked as Luke's brother's came into the room. "Can someone get me clothes?" I asked trying to cover my private parts before his brother's saw. 

"I'm taking you to the hospital." 

*LUKE P.O.V*

Sitting in a hospital sucked. Sitting in the hospital watching McKinley in pain was even worse than that. She was having trouble sleeping due to the rash being all over her body. As soon as she would get comfortable, the rash would begin to burn. The nurses and doctors were trying to make her as comfortable as possible. The rash thankfully began to go away after they treated her with some type of antibiotics. 

"It still really hurts." She commented as I got her dressed into her clothes so I could take her home. 

"I know baby. But it looks better than it did a few days ago." I commented as I got her shoes on. "Michael pulled up the car to the doors so you don't have to walk far." I helped her out of the hospital and into the car. I held her hand as Michael drove us back to my place and I got her into my room to rest. 

"Is she going to be okay?" Michael asked. 

"She should be fine but the doctor said to stay home and rest and make sure she takes all of the antibiotics until they're gone." I answered as I made some soup for her. 

"Well, let me know if you need anything." He commented. "I'll be right over, you know that." 

"I know man. Thanks. I gotta give her her meds, give her a bath and then feed her. Thank you for driving us home." 

"No problem. Just let Ash and Cal know how she's doing. They're worried." I nodded as I got McKinley's antibiotics. Once Michael left I went to the bedroom to give her what she needed before going back for the soup. 

"Thank you." She mumbled as she sat up to eat. "I appreciate you very much." She said leaning into me. 

"I love you too." I smiled kissing the side of her head. She slowly ate as we watch Netflix. She was wearing very little layers as it bothered her skin. "The doctor said that you should wash your... thing with Summer's Eve." I commented, forgetting that she never used that but the doctor said she should. 

"I don't have that." She commented. 

"Okay, I'll go to the store. Do you want anything else?" I asked getting my shoes on. 

"Ice cream and chocolate. And chips." She added and I nodded. 

"I'll be back. Call me if you need me." I said as I ran out the front door and down to the store to pick up the things she needed. It was rather embarrassing shopping for what she needed and having the person at the check out looking at me but I did it anyway. I got back to the house just as some guy was standing at my front door. "Can I help you?" 

"I have a delivery for McKinley Davis." He said turning to look at me and holding an edible arrangement. 

"Oh. I'm her boyfriend. I can take it." I answered. "And I'm sorry for being rude. I thought you were gonna try to kill her." I commented and he chuckled. 

"Nope. Just delivering fruit. Sign here." He said as he handed me the slip of paper and I signed off on it before taking the arrangement from him. "Have a good day." He said as he left. 

"Thanks, you too." I called over my shoulder before opening the front door and heading to the bedroom where McKinley was still laid in bed. "Hi, love. Someone sent something for you." I answered as I set it down on the side table and handed her the card. 

"It's from your brother's. 'Congrats on the nice tits.'" She looked at me. "That's nice of them." She put it down. 

"It doesn't say that." I scoffed reading the card. "It says 'hope you feel better.'" I giggled. "They would never comment on your boobs unless I was." She kneeled on the bed pulling the fruit out of the cover and grabbing a strawberry. I went to put away everything that I had bought and to bring her dirty bowl into the kitchen. "Time for a bath." I said going to the bathroom and starting the water. 

"Do I have to?" She whined. 

"Yes." I said going back to help her into the bathroom and to strip and get into the tub. I sat on the toilet looking at her relaxing in the water before dumping in the natural stuff that the doctor had given me to hopefully help with the rash. 

"Luke?" She asked keeping her eyes closed. 

"Yeah?" I smiled a little looking at her. 

"I love you." She smiled before looking at me. 

"I love you too." I smiled. "More than you'll ever know." I added. I had never loved someone like I loved her. There was no one I would be willing to take care like I'm taking care of her. She was my life. 

"How long do I have to stay in here?" 

"Just until the water is cold." 

"It's cold." She said standing up and stepping out. I wrapped a towel around her and kissing her shoulder. She shivered before I got her dressed and back into bed. "Can you get me some ice cream?" I nodded going back to the kitchen. I stopped in the hallway and looked at a picture of us that I had recently hung up. 

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I needed to spend the rest of my life with her. I wanted to take care of her. I wanted to be there for her when she needed me. I wanted to have kids with her whether we adopt or she carries them. I wanted a life with her. I needed a life with her. 

"Luke?" She asked coming up behind me and wrapping her arms around me. "That's us." I nodded. "We're cute." She giggled a little. 

"We are." 

*MCKINLEY P.O.V*

I stayed at Luke's until the rash was gone and I could finally go back to work. The pain was finally gone and thank god because I was sick of not being able to sleep with a blanket. I was very thankful for Luke for taking care of me. I have no idea what would have happened if I didn't have him in my life but then again if he wasn't in my life that probably would have never happened. 

"How are you feeling?" Courtney asked as she sat in my office as we both worked. 

"Much better. The pain was the worst thing I had ever felt in my entire life." I sighed. "I would never wish that on my worst enemy." I added. 

"But did you have fun at his lake house?" 

"Yeah. I mean we drank and had fun and just chilled. I learned my lesson about skinny dipping though." 

*I'm sorry this took so long. I recently lost my job and my grandfather passed two days after I lost my job so I've been trying to deal with these two things at the same time without going insane. I've also learned to not rush writing because I get crazy but enjoy!*