Chapter 25

Charlie pov:

"How about this?" Ashley asked as she picked up a dress. I shook my head furiously as I saw the large frills on the bottom of the dress. Ash chuckled slightly as we moved onto another shop.

We were currently shopping for dresses for new years. Christmas was 3 days away and I couldn't care less to be honest. It was the same old same old. Kayden would go to my parents and Ashley would spend it with her family after visiting me in the mornings. In the evening both Kayden and Ashley would come back and I'd spend it with them.

It was a little lonely but then again I never thought of christmas as a big deal. It was just a typical day for me.

"Charlie?" I was pulled out of my trance as I turned to face Ashley.

"Hmm?"

"I asked you if this dress was right for me?" She looked hopefully at me. "Y-yeh it looks good Ash." I gave her a small smile.

She squinted her eyes, "Charlie be honest." I gave her a confused look, "I was being honest?"

"Charlie please give me a proper answer. Look I know your encounter with Casey last week put you in a mood. But I really want my best friend back." My head snapped up at the mention of Casey as I clenched my jaws.

I couldn't care less about Casey and her stupid ex-girlfriend. I hadn't seen her for days and it was best like that. Seeing that pretty face of hers would piss me right off.

I breathed in as I gave Ashley a sympathetic smile, "Ashley you still have me okay? Besides, you'd look sexy in pretty much everything."

She blushed as she slapped my arm jokingly, "Shutup Charlie."

The rest of the day pretty much went like that. Me and Ashley were having a lot of fun together joking around and acting like fools around the mall. We decided to head over to the ice rink before heading home. It was so good to have my mind off Casey for once. Well almost.

That was until I saw the devil herself.

There she was in all her fucking glory with the bitch Stella. Her brown hair was out and fell straight past her shoulders. She wore a beige coat with white fur and dark jeans with tanned boots. Her face was pale and her cheeks were tinted slightly red due to the cold weather.

I had to avert my eyes quickly as me and Ashley placed our skates on and headed to the rink. Thank god she didn't catch me staring. Me and Ashley headed to the far corner and started skating.

I had to restrain myself as much as I could from looking at Casey. Ashley grabbed my arm from the back as we skated together on the ice. I laughed at the funny faces she was making.

She chuckled with me before looking behind me and raising her eyebrows. I turned my head around to meet where her gaze was trailing and my eyes met icy blue ones. Stella was nowhere to be seen.

Casey looked at Ashley and smiled at her before turning to me and faltering her smile. I just rolled my eyes and turned back towards Ashley.

I pulled out my phone. 6:49pm.

"Ashley can we get going?" I asked gritting through my teeth. "Come on," she said as she grabbed my hand and led me away from the rink.

We took out skates off and put our shoes on. Ashley said she need to use the toilet so we waited back for another 10 minutes before leaving. We exited the building and headed for my car. As we got there, I notice something in the corner of my eye. My head turned towards the other side of the car park and my heart stopped.

Casey was kissing Stella.

Something happened to me that I never thought would happen. My heart literally shattered into a million pieces. My heart began to beat rapidly as my body began to heat up and go into overdrive.

I couldn't pull myself to look away.

Blue.

Her eyes met mine as I stared at her expressionless. Her face seemed a little shocked. There was something else but I didn't give myself time to analyse it as I got into the car with Ashley hot on my trail.

I gripped the steering wheel as my knuckles turned white. I gritted my teeth as I envisioned red all around me. Reversing out of the car park, I sped away from her as fast as I could.