Chapter 28

Charlie pov:

"Come on Charlie please."

Ashley's whining was driving me crazy. "No Ashley I promised I would go out with Mia tonight."

Ash immediately let go of my arm and threw herself on the sofa. She huffed loudly and groaned, "You never want to hang out with your best friend anymore. It's always 'Mia this' and 'Mia that'. I'm starting to think you've replaced me." Ashley's tone was so sad and it made my heart shatter slightly.

I sighed heavily as I sat on the couch with her. "Ashley no one can replace you. We both know that." I touched her cheek which gained a small smile from me.

"And I have these weird feelings for Mia so I'm trying to make it work as much as I can." I trailed off avoiding eye contact with Ash.

"Look Charlie I get you've never felt feelings like this for anyone but tell me that you feel completely right with Mia?" Ashley asked.

I looked up at her and gave her a confused look. She sighed before taking my hands in her own.

"Charlie what you feel with Mia, is it as strong as how you feel when you're with Casey?"

My eyes snapped upto hers as this gained my undivided attention. Casey. Her name was enough to give me these flutters in the pit of my stomach. Her deep blue eyes would be fixated on my mind.

We haven't spoke for ages. Even in the classroom she would never look at me. She hardly came round to ours and instead Kayden went round to hers or they just went out and spent time together like that. 

She was so cold and distant and I had no fucking clue why. I should be the one who's acting like a bitch ever since I saw her kiss Stella. Speaking of which, I hadn't seen that slut around town at all. And this was a very small town.

"Hello? Charlie?" I snapped out of my trance. "Hmmm?"

"You're thinking about Casey aren't you?" She asked amused. "What? Are you crazy? No."

I gave her an incredulous look, which she seemed to ignore. "Don't bullshit me Charlie. We both know Mia is just a distraction for you."

She got up and walked to my room. I followed after her still shocked, "Excuse me but what is that supposed to mean?"

"Figure it out why don't you? You seem to be the smart ass around here." She gave me a glare before shutting the bathroom door on me.

I muttered a 'what the fuck' under my breath before laying on my bed.

What he fuck is Ashley tripping on about? A distraction from what?

Casey.

I groaned as I realised she was right. The sex and feelings for Mia were just merely a distraction for me. A way to forget the devil herself. The devil who stole my heart and broke it.

My eyes became heavy as I struggled to stay awake. I fell asleep with only one person on my mind that night - Casey.