Chapter Three.

Depuis le début

Kiera and Ashlee shared another look again when everyone wasn't paying attention. They thought they already told the public about their relationships? Guess some people just don't read the news...

"How is it?" Both girls suddenly heard the interviewer. 

"Pardon?" 

She chuckled before answering, "how are your relationships?" 

Both girls nodded after understanding, "great, I guess?" Ashlee answered.

"You guess?"

Uh-oh.

There was a glint in Jade's eyes. No doubt she was going to ask the girls something to embarass them. Every interviewer does that, once they notice something unsual or whatsoever, they will make it their mission to dig something out from the guests' mouths. 

Kiera saw Catherine signalling them from backstage to cover up what Ashlee just said. She bumped her bandmate's shoulder slightly, trying to make it seem unnoticed. Thank goodness Ashlee was cautious of everything and saw what Catherine was doing.

"Why did you guess it was great? Why are you not sure, Ash? Is there something wrong with...?" She stared at Ashlee expectantly.

"Ryan."

"-Ryan?" The glint in her eyes was so obvious. Plus, she was smirking at her. Thinking she made the cut to put The Royals into shame. Kiera looked towards Ashlee to answer.

Ashlee gulped down a ball in her throat before breaking out a million dollar smile and answered, "I am sorry, I guess you caught me off guard there. It's great, Ryan is amazing. We make sure to get enough time to spend with each other. Couldn't ask for someone better," she said it all in one breath and presented a winning smile to the now-failed-in-trying-to-embarass-the-royals interviewer.

Nobody noticed it, but Kiera saw a bit disappointment in her eyes when she received that answer from Ashlee, and Kiera couldn't stop grinning because of that answer. When did Ashlee become so skilled in acting?! Amazing!

"So, umm, girls," the interviewer attracted their attention once again, "are you recording new songs at the moment?"

Aah, the question they were waiting for. Ashlee made eye contact with Kiera.

"We are currently working on some stuff, we hope the fans will love it," according to plan, Kiera answered with no hesitation. With a little smile of course. 

The interview went on with the usual questions. How were they doing? How are the family? When will be the next tour? All those things.

"I guess that's it, huh?" The interview was finally over, "that was The Royals everybody!" Jade exclaimed to the audience, "are you guys sure you're not going to sing for us?" She asked hopefully when The Royals was half-way standing up from the couch they were just sitting few seconds ago.

"Sorry, wittle Ash has a sore throat from all that singing," Kiera ruffled Ashlee's perfectly styled hair, only to receive a death glare from the said victim.

"Only Zayn can do that to her!" A voice from the croud yelled, earning laughter from the others.

[][][][]

"What was that, Ash?" Catherine immediately came to them when they walked out of the studio with her bluetooth in her ear. Ashlee could hear muffled sounds from it, so she assumed Catherine was talking to someone before putting them on hold to give The Royals a little bit of lecture.

"You know they will try to get out whatever they can from celebrities," and the lecture began, "once you go puzzled or anything, that's their chance! Seriously, Ash. You should be cautious in interviews. I thought I told you this a million times already," and then she left, resuming her previous conversation with someone on the other line.