Chapter 24 - He's going to take her

Start from the beginning

I nodded slowly. Christine with all the fucking junkies at the VIP section at Cuffs? No way in hell, I would do that to her.

"Well let’s go back to Haminton. How much did I earn?” Mason said, and sounded more pleased at the thought of money, and clapped his hands together.

"1.5 million. Some jackpot winners. They had exchanged all the money into gold bars, so it was easy enough.” Calvin smirked and looked down at me. I returned his smirk with an evil grin. The robbery had been one of the easy ones.

"Well, that’s just enough to pay for the brothel this month!” Mason laughed.

I leaned back in the chair and ran my fingers through my hair. I had once taken over to Mason's brothel. But I couldn’t fuck any chick. Not after I saw my mother suffer from forced sex. I ended up getting a stripper on my lap, whose boobs I licked the rest of the night.

"Well, but I’ll have to leave you assholes for now.” Mason sighed and stood up from the chair.

They gave shook Mason’s hand, and I followed him out into the hallway.

"Jason,” Mason said, and took down his black suit from the peg.

"Now you wont let this... Christine, destroy everything we’ve worked so hard for, right?” He said quietly.

I shook my head a no.

“A real girlfriend, huh?” Mason chuckled

"I can’t wait to meet her,” he said, placing a hand on my shoulder before he disappeared out the front door.

I walked into the living room again, where all the boys sat in the sofa. They all stared up at me.

"He wants to meet Christine,” I said quietly, and took my hands down in my pockets.

The others nodded slowly. Everybody except Calvin.

"What do I do?” I sighed and rubbed my hands against my face as I sat down on the couch next to Dakota.

"You’ll bring Christine with you to Cuffs. But don’t tell her about it.” Calvin said determined. I bit myself in the lower lip.

"But there’s a risk that he might take her,” Geronimo said quietly.

There was silence for a minute. Everyone was thinking about the same thing. Dakota's ex-girlfriend who had almost became one of Masons prostitutes. Something Dakota had never forgiven himself. That's why he always was on drugs. He tried to forget it.

Calvin broke the silence.

"Yes. But Jason has always been something special for Mason. He won’t takes her,”

"Mason always takes what he wants." Dakota suddenly said. He sat staring blankly into space.

"Mason may be suspicious! If you don’t show up with her, he might think we’re keep something hidden. And Mason is not the type who take chances.” Calvin said and glared at all of us.

Well I had heard that several of Mason’s other gangs, had been bombed if Mason had suspected that something was happening. Even if nothing happened. But that’s how it is to be a criminal. Our career is a gamble. A gamble of life and death.

I could gamble with my own life, but with the others? But what if something happened to Christine? I could never live again, if I knew I was the reason she had been hurt. I would end up as Dakota. Abandoned and lonely. Again.

When the clock was near 3 p.m., and I knew Christine soon had finished her ballet casting, I drove down to pick her up. She didn’t know I was coming. I had told her I would meet her at her house, so that she could tell me how it went.