14. MEETING THE FAMILY

Warm. Warm would be the word to describe Zeus's family if you ask Evlyn. As soon as they reached the front door, it opened immediately to reveal a middle aged woman with blonde hair, striking green eyes and a kind face. Evlyn was swept up in a hug as soon as Alexa Markoni laid her eyes on her. I love hugs. Evlyn gladly returned the hug with same gusto. 

"Ah! You look much more beautiful in person than on the tabloids darling.", Alexa said releasing her from the hug. Evlyn blushed at Alexa's words.

"Thank you Mrs. Markoni. You look lovely too."

"Oh, honey. Call me Alexa dear. Mrs. Markoni is my mother-in-law. And worse, it makes me feel old." Alexa said patting her cheeking affectionately.

"You look dashing for someone who is 50, mom." Zeus quipped from beside her. 

Alexa turned towards her son with a playful glower and put her hands on her hips.

"Did you just call me old my darling 'son-who-didn't-visit-his-folks-for-months' ?"

Zeus looked like a deer that got caught in headlights and sputtered to come up with an excuse when his father, Michael, appeared in the door way and slid his arms around Alexa while chuckling.

"Come on, honey. Leave our son alone. You can bug him later at dinner. For now, let them come in yea?". 

Alexa gave a kiss to her husband and led them inside. 

Evlyn expected the home to be posh and polished like a palace of some sorts. But, she was surprised to find the house domestic. Sure, it looks classy, but it's homely too. Evlyn could hear people talking and children playing from the living room when they were nearer to it. She saw familiar faces when they went into the room. Zeus had shown her the family album he kept around and Evlyn recognized everyone from it. There were Leonardo and Helena Markoni, brother and sister-in-law of Michael. And their son, Antonio. Then, there was Isabella Jones , soon to be Markoni, Antonio's fiancee. 

Antonio made a bee line to Isabella as soon as he spotted her and gave her a loving kiss which she promptly returned. An young woman, probably around the same age as her, pretended to gag while looking at the kissing couple. Evlyn recognized her as Annalisa, Zeus's little sister. There was a couple sitting on the couch laughing, whom she recognized as Andrina Markoni Drakos and her husband Amun Drakos, elder sister and brother-in-law of Zeus. There was a little girl sitting next to them on the couch, Elizabeth Alexia Drakos, their 3 year old daughter and Zeus's niece. And there was a little boy around 2 years old, Luca Christopher Drakos named after his uncle Zeus, peeking at her while hiding behind Annalisa's legs. 

Evlyn couldn't help but give a warm smile and a small wave to the little boy. Luca perked up at that and gave a shy smile in return while moving from his hiding place a little. 

"So, this is the woman who made you a love sick puppy!" Annalisa sauntered over to them, " I have to say, nice catch big bro." Zeus grumbled a little at being called a love sick puppy and hugged his sister. 

"Hello to you too, Anna. Just so you know, you are not getting any present from me this time. For being a bad girl and teasing your brother." Zeus smirked at Anna crestfallen face. 

"Aww, come on Chrissy. Don't be a Grumpy cat." Anna pouted at her brother. 

Evlyn gave a snort at that nick name while Zeus playfully glared at his sister and turned to pout at her. 

"What!? It's a cute nickname." Evlyn laughed pinching his cheeks. "And funny too."

"I like her!!" Anna crowed and pulled her in for a hug. "You and I are gonna be best buddies from today Evy. Girl power."