Mas lalong sumakit ang ulo ko sa narinig ko mula sa kanya. Mukhang desidido na siya na tulungan si Fier na umalis sa bansa.

Looking at him and how the Sandovals bring themselves, alam kong mahihirapan akong hanapin si Fier once na magdesisyon siyang hindi magpakita.

My life was such a pool of mess.

Tumalikod ako at nagsimulang maglakad pabalik sa sasakyan ko. This won't do. Kailangan kong gumawa ng paraan.

I drove back to Drake's office since I figured na wala siya sa bahay nila ngayon. It's been weird since Fier had decided to take away his rights as the father of the child. Mas inuubos niya 'yung oras niya sa pagtatrabaho. Minsan nakakalimutan niyang kumain. Could they blame me if I was exerting this much effort? Nasasaktan ako sa nakikita ko kay Drake kahit pa hindi siya magsalita.

I knew he loved the child.

Kahit hindi niya sabihin, I could feel it.

Stepping on the grounds of his office, I searched for his presence. I was crossing my fingers, hoping na nandyan siya, tahimik na nakaupo at nagbabasa ng kung ano man ang dapat niyang basahin. It's better than seeing him mope. No. Drake didn't do moping. But I knew him enough to feel him suffering inside.

"Is Drake around?" I asked his secretary. She said yes kaya naman pumasok na ako sa loob.

I looked around his placed. It looked messy and trashed. He has been spending his nights here. Again.

"Drake?" I called out his name but to no avail. Walang sumasagot. I decided to wait on his couch instead. Minutes later, I was so bored that I decided to invade his privacy. We're husband and wife, after all.

My heart was torn into pieces nung nakita ko kung ano 'yung nasa laptop ni Drake.

Pictures of kids. Brochure of nursery school. How to be a good father tabs.

Drake...

Tears unconsciously rolled down my eyes. My heart was hurting and I couldn't stop it. Drake's devastated and it was scaring me.

Ilang beses ko ng nakitang nasaktan si Drake but this was the worst blow. Ngayon lang siya nagkakaganito. Dati, tahimik lang siya at parang walang nangyari pero ngayon? It's as if you could see him slowly crumbling down. It was just too much to bear.

How much of a torture it is to see the man you love slowly fade away? Right in front of you?

I closed his laptop and slowly digested everything in. Kailangan kong mapigilan si Fier. I just needed to. Hindi siya pwedeng umalis.

With trembling hands, I dialed her number.

I've waited and waited for her to pick up my call but she just didn't. Maybe she blocked me in every way possible. Damn it, Fier! Just this once, pwede makinig ka?! Hindi lang naman ikaw yung naapektuhan.

Instead, I called her best friend. This was my last straw.

"H-hello? Cristine?" I said, my voice slowly on the verge of breaking.

"Alys! Oh, my god! Are you crying?" she asked.

I shook my head in attempt to convince myself as well na hindi ako umiiyak. It was a stupid move, really. My face was giving it all. I was crying and I didn't have enough to hide it. It was so damn conspicuous.

"Where are you? Puntahan kita jan!" she said in a worried tone.

I stifled my sobs and controlled my breathing. There's no way she should see me like this. Seeing me at my weakest state would only make things worse.