……

My body’s gone cold.

I can’t stop shivering.

Why won’t Kade answer him?

He (Kade’s) just pouring coffee like we’re in some kind of fucking business meeting.

Business meeting?

That’s it! This is all business; they’ve set this whole thing up, for me to lose my virginity as a girl in the cruelest possible way.

I knew money was involved in this charade.

……

I’d rather die than allow this to happen.

……

Kade gives my father a cup of coffee, “Thank you, Kade,” he says, all the time leering at me with a sick psychopathic smile.

He turns his attention toward Kelly, “You’re a very pretty girl; I would suggest a few minor improvements, perhaps a rhinoplasty and a little liposuction on your hips. I could have my wife do those little tweaks for you, when she arrives,” he says.

Kelly smiles, “Rhinoplasty, sounds like something you see in a zoo,” she says.

My father laughs with her, “It’s the medical term for a nose re-shaping operation,” he says.

“Oh, ok, I’ll have a think about it,” she says

What the fuck – when she arrives? She’ll have a think about it!?

……

Kade and Kelly are acting so normal while I’m having an out of body experience. I can see my mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water gasping for survival.

……

My father sips his coffee, “I made a little mess in the bathroom getting out of the prosthetics, I’ll clean it later,” he looks over at the trolley, “the maggots are making light work of Charlotte’s womb, I’m happy it didn’t go to waste,” he says, as casually as can be.

……

For the first time in my ripped apart life, I feel like taking control – and ending it.

This is a betrayal too far.

……

The kitchen in this place is full of knives, very sharp knives.

……

I manage to stand up. And make my way toward the kitchen.

“Where you going, Princess?” asks my father.

“Yes, where are you going, Tan? Come back here,” says Kade.

“Fuck you, Kade! Fuck you big time,” the words erupt from my mouth like burning lava.

My father looks aghast, “Hey, that’s no language for a young lady, we raised you better than that.”

Kade rises slowly and fixes me with a determined stare, “Calm down for a moment, Tan, you need to hear what I have to say,” he says this while raising and lowering his hand in a calming like gesture.

I remain within grabbing distance of a knife. I will use it if I have to – believe me.

Kade turns to my father, “Mr Lebowski, I appreciate what you said to me earlier, about me still having a lot to learn; I do indeed, and I bow to you and your wife’s greater life experience.”