The Surgeon 11

I KNEW IT!

I KNEW IT!

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck!

Why didn't I stand firm?

Why didn't I make that 'NO' mean NO!

Kade's intention was noble, but his action was foolish.

I'm not blaming him; he doesn't have my experience of these people. This is all my fault.

......

We didn't stand a chance.

The ambulance men are muscle bound bears with taser guns. They had Kade and I immobilized and in the back of the vehicle within seconds.

Pure professionals.

......

I'm in the ambulance, strapped in tight. My arms are bound by my side. My hands are free to communicate with you guys, but not free enough to extricate myself.

It's tight in here. To my left is the coffin containing Charlotte's corpse. Brogan/Brigitte is strapped tight on a trolley to my right and Kade's lying by my feet. He's bound and gagged; they've also knocked him out with a strong tranquilizer. He fought hard for his freedom.

The thing that's really freaking me out is the silicone breast implants which are in a jar sitting on top of charlotte's coffin.

Clearly, they've been placed here to taunt me.

......

So, just a short while after meeting me, Kade is strapped at my feet, in an ambulance, with a pregnant guy and a corpse. Can you imagine a more fucked up situation? Seriously.

......

I guess we've been in here for around an hour now. I have no idea what's in store for us, but I'm not figuring on a trip to Disneyland.

......

Outside, I can hear the traffic and other street sounds; people going about their everyday business. They see an ambulance and assume it's parked here ready to help, not to hinder three young lives in a hideous way.

......

Kade begins to stir. A low moan escapes his gagged mouth. His arms struggle against their constraints. I can almost see the tranquilizer leave his body.

When his eyes fly open, I see anger in them, not terror.

......

He begins to jolt his body with a force that rocks the ambulance.

The rear door slams open and an ambulance man jumps in and throws himself on kade, immediately disabling him.

The nurse enters and prepares an injection with a calm, methodical hand; she's followed by Professor Merton.