Chapter Nine

The next day, Natheriya walked with her sister, her bloodriders, and Ser Jorah as the khalasar raided a camp. She noticed one of the men force a slave onto her knees and froze. All she could think about was the night her brother came into her chambers and took her innocence. Dany noticed her sister freeze and followed her gaze, Jorah, Rakharo, and Aggo doing the same.

Natheriya felt her chest tighten and her breathing started to quicken. The only thoughts that ran through her mind was the pain, the screams that tore from her throat and the cries for Viserys to stop. Her breathing quickened to the point where soon, no breath left her at all. Her bloodriders were frozen in shock, not knowing what to do to help their Khaleesi as they had never seen this reaction from anyone before. Jorah tried to rake through his mind for what he could do to help. Panic filled Daenerys's eyes and she moved in front of her sister before Jorah could move, placing her hands on her cheeks and making Nath meet her eyes. "Sister, sister please breathe. Close your eyes and breathe with me," she begged her pregnant sister before hugging her so she could do so.

Dany felt her sister do what she begged her to do. Nath felt her sister breathe and matched her speed. After a few more, Natheirya opened her eyes, anger evident in her lavender irises despite the tears that filled them. "Pull the men off the girls," she ordered her Rakharo and Aggo. 

They nodded and did so, yanking the men off and kicking them to make them stay on the ground. Natheriya held her hands out to the crying females. The crying young woman grabbed her hand and hid behind her. Natheriya glared at one of the men, "Stick your cock in something else. These women are off limits."

The man glared at her, "I don't take orders from a foreign whore!"

Natheriya's eyes flared and she motioned for Rakharo to bring him to her husband. Rakharo moved forward and grabbed the fellow rider's arm, dragging him to her husband. Nath turned to Dany, "Take these women to the girls. Take Aggo with you and make sure they feel safe."

"Of course, sister," Daenerys replied, following the directions given.

Nath and Jorah moved, walking to where are husband sat next to a pile of body parts. When the Great Khal caught sight of his wife, he straightened up and addressed her. "Moon of my life, Mago says you have taken his spoils, a daughter of the lamb man who was his to mount. Tell me the truth of this," he said.

Natheriya smirked, placing a hand on her showing stomach. "It is true, my love. I have made those women mine. They are not to be touched unless they fall in love and/or marry a rider," she told him.

Drogo sighed, "This is the way of war. These women are slaves now to do with as the men please."

"Are my friends to do with as you and the others please? I was sold to you, I might as well be one too. Does that mean I am to do with as you and the others please? And what of my sister? The same goes for her as she is your sister now as well. I understand that this is part of the Dothraki culture but I will not allow it. Not under my gaze or knowing," she spat, her once warm gaze for her husband now cold. Drogo felt regret fill him. She was right and he knew it completely. Drogo vowed to be different in this regard. He could not break his vow. He did not want to hurt is wife, or for her to be hurt by others. He did not want his wife's sister to be hurt either. Inside, he was fighting with himself between what is normal in his culture and what he promised to change to be different from the orthodoxies.

Qotho chuckled, "Does the horse mate with the lamb?" He looked at her with an amused expression.

Natheriya smirked at him, "Dear Qotho, the dragon feeds on horse and lamb alike." Qotho let out a laugh.