Chapter 3

Nindariel's wedding gown on side ------>

Lights were to be seen everywhere, Nindariel wore the most beautiful gown she has ever worn. She danced under the beautiful glowing trees of Lothlorien, her hand in Legolas' ,their eyes not leaving one another. They danced to the beautiful voices of the elves, they didn't want to break the enchanted moment that they had. They were newly wed and Legolas was the happiest ellon in the entire arda and Nindariel was filled with so much happiness that people around her could feel how happy she was.

Everybody stared in awe as they watched the Lady of Hope and the Prince of the woodland realm dance as if they were dancing with their hearts on their feet. No one dared to interrupt nor did they ever want them to end. The night was filled with passion and love, two kingdoms united not by agreements, deals, Prophecy but by love. Love is what brought Nindariel and Legolas together.

Love is what drove them apart. Nindariel remembered that night on their wedding day it was a night they vowed their love and become one but as of now they were seperated by a million miles. Nindariel yearned to be reunited but she knew the consequences, she knew that if she was gonna stay on this land she will die. but will she be willing to risk that? 

"Nindariel, you must sail!" Legolas calmly hissed Nindariel flinch for the first time in a long time Legolas called her by her name and not 'Meleth nin' or 'Melamin' she was not used to Legolas ever since the accident happened. "I wish not to sail... without you." she whispered the last part, Legolas slammed his fist on the table making the table vibrate "You will sail Nindariel, You are growing weaker each day! You are not glowing like you used to... Your light is fading so is your fea (Spirit)." Legolas shouted but he whispered the last part sadly. 

Tears interrupted Nindariel's sight she knew what was happening to her but she didn't want to be parted from the one she loves. "No... I will not sail." she whispered bravely as she stood up meeting Legolas' height even though he was a foot taller than her. Legolas held his stare at Nindariel but after a few seconds he turned around and left the talan to clear his mind. Nindariel clenched her hands making her knuckles go white she hated when she fought with Legolas-- she hated why she was sick and wasn't able to fight once more for middle earth. She let out a frustrated shout as she gathered all the light she had in herself and released it but before the light in her could spread through the talan it retreated as if it wasn't much power and made Nindariel fall to the ground giving her head the most painful thing she could feel.

"Meleth nin!" Legolas shouted as he came back just as Nindariel fell to the ground before her head could make contact to the wooden ground Legolas caught her. Holding her closely to his chest as tears automatically filled his eyes "I'm sorry Meleth nin." he cooed as he cradled her in his arms, soothing her head. Legolas hated seeing his beautiful wife like this it kills him every time she was in pain and she would say nothing about it, he hated the fact she had to sail without him but it was the only way for her to survive and Legolas would do everything to keep her alive and safe.

"I will sail."

Those were the words that made Legolas' heart lighten but at the same time heavy. No one knew about Nindariel being sick except for her kin and fellow elves but other people such as humans need no concern. Nindariel was respected by everyone and now she was pitied by everyone around her. Everywhere she walked she could see their stares full of pity-- she didn't like it. 

 She didn't like how people looked at her as a weak elleth..... but what she didn't like most of all was being parted from the one she truly loves, she keeps denying that she doesn't miss his amazing blue eyes, or his smile that makes her weak in the knees, no matter how many years they have been together, or his smooth honey-silked voice that makes her feel all warm inside, or how he embraced her with so much love and care that no matter where she went-- even to Mordor as long as she was in Legolas' arms she felt safe. 

As she remembered everything with Legolas from the time that they met how they bonded together, to the time both their tears that spilled from their eyes due to the death of their unborn child, something deep inside Nindariel snapped as if the sun just rose after long days of darkness, like the warmth just returned after years of winter, she finally knew what she had to do. She couldn't sail onto the land where she could be healed even if she would be healed physically she will never be healed mentally and emotionally and she would live with another regret for the rest of her life.

Nindariel turned around and looked upon her kin who are following her lead to guide them to the docks, their soft voices filled the air, her neice Arwen was somewhere in the back she then returned her gaze to the front as she gripped the reins as tight as she could, Legolas' voice rang through her head

'Nindariel... I love you.'

'I will never forget you Nindariel.'

'We will always be together.'

'My heart shall weep till we will meet again.'

'I am yours for forever Nindariel.'

'Will you marry me Nindariel, Lady of Hope?'

'I will even give my life just to know that you will be safe.'

'Nindariel, we will always be together through light or darkness-- our love will guide us through. I will be by your side forever and protect you even if I have to give up mine.'

Her eyes shut tightly as she swung her horse to turn around making people gasp at the gesture she then galloped towards her niece whose eyes grew wide "Nindariel what are you--" but Arwen was cut off as Nindariel told her firmly "If I leave him now, I will regret it forever... I don't ask you to do the same Arwen-- I am with you every step of the way as long as you follow your heart." she then kicked her horse to a fast gallop as she made her way towards Lothlorien. 

As Nindariel made her way towards Lothlorien she felt the darkness growing powerful, her chest clenched tightly but the pain of being parted from Legolas' surpassed the pain of any darkness.

She needed Legolas,

She needed to protect the lives of Legolas and her people,

even if she has to give up her own.