Chapter 7- The beast within

"Mama! Mama!" The boy cried out, struggling in the guards strong hold. Henry rolled his eyes boredly, motioning for the guard to shut him up before he takes extreme precautions.

Gracia floated in place, her gaze set on the distraught little kid that had somehow managed to find her in a ginormous palace.

"Please..." The woman wept, falling to her knees and pleading at Henry. "We meant no harm. My boy was just doing what I said. It's- It's not his fault!" The ruthless king sighed, pouring himself a cup of wine and sipping it thoughtfully.

"Hmm. How about no." His gaze traveled down and fixed on the tear stricken face of the terribly young boy. He scrunched up his nose.

He approached the child and grasped his face in his hand with force, pressing tightly and speaking menacingly. "Insolent child. You will foresee the consequences of messing with me. Gracia. Show him what I mean." He motioned with his eyes at the woman, mouthing at her.

Eliminate her now.

The cloak of levitation remained in place, not making a single movement. She wouldn't just kill the child's mother. Henry's calm expression turned into a glare, his eyes dangerously venomous. He threw the boy to the side, approaching her with heavy footsteps.

"Now now. What is that you are disobeying me? I am your Master and if I tell you to kill the woman. You will kill her!" He sweared, if Gracia were human he would've already slapped the life out of her.

He ran a hand through his hair, licking his dry-chapped lips and gritting his teeth before breaking into a laugh. Everyone simply watched in silence as the ruthless ruler laughed his head off. Gracia would've rubbed her face if she had hands.

Why was she surrounded by maniacs?

"Okay. So this is how you are playing now huh? I thought you were doing really good Gracia!" He threw the glass of wine directly to a wall, hearing the glass shatter.

His hands hastily rubbed his face before staring at her again. "You disappoint me. I thought we were doing so good? Why the sudden change? Oh.... Don't tell me you can't do such a simple thing as snap the woman's neck to teach the child a lesson not to mess with me."

He motioned around.

"We have to put an example of who is the owner here." When he saw no movement form her still, he sighed.

"Fine. If this is how you want to play then so be it." He approached the trembling woman, grabbing her hair and oulling her up without mercy, his hands traveling so they were on her neck steadily.

He tipped his head back until he was gazing at the kid, who looked as pale as a ghost, all signs of emotion gone as he hiccuped and tried to wipe the tears off.

"This is how things are around here" He smiled cheekily before snapping the child's mother neck in a swift movement, the loud crack resonating around the room before silence settled in once again.

As the body fell down with a loud thud to the carpeted ground, the kid's mouth opened agape, no sound emitted however as he stared in shock at his mother's lifeless body.

That is when the screaming started. Henry's smile widened even more, watching the guards picking her up and starting to drag her out of the throne room. Gracia had watched in silence, like she always did. But this time it was different.

She was looking directly at Henry, a threatening gaze shot towards him. It was as if something had snapped inside her, the beast she had been trying to let go free ever since she had been enslaved in a cloak.

No more. She wouldn't take any more of Henry's bullshit. She was tired of going behind him like a puppy with their loyal owner. She was tired of all the pain she had caused to every single habitant of what used to be her home. She was tired of having to be surrounded by evil maniacs and agonizing families.

She had enough of everything.

Before she could make a move, every single guard in the room started falling with a loud thud. The boy's screaming never ceased, his tear stricken face showing a fury that would kill anyone under their gaze.

His hands were balled in fists, his chest heaving with powerful breathes. Even Henry was confused at what was going on.

And that is when the windows shattered around them.

This is slightly shorter than the other ones but it is kind of a filler. I finally posted again eh? Tell me what you think. Thanks for reading.

-PurpleTrekkie