1.26

Twilight

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everything felt peaceful, even the sound of beeping seemed to calm me. Why was I hearing a beeping sound? Was I going crazy?

My eyes slowly flickered open, revealing a bright light. I blinked multiple times, allowing my eyes to adjust to the light. It took me a moment to realize where I was, a hospital.

"Oh, thank goodness you're awake," the sound of Renee's voice made me gasp. Does that mean I was still in Phoenix? Of course I was, Renee wouldn't travel all the way to Forks.

"What happened?"

"Edward and Jasper followed you girls here, trying to bring you back to Forks, but you tripped and fell down some stairs, then went through a window."

It was then I remembered what happened. James trying to kill us, recording us as a gift to our lovers.

"Thank God you only broke a few ribs," she said as she gently stroked my hair. It was then I noticed Charlie standing near a sleeping Jasper. "I'll leave you two alone." Renee placed a kiss on my head before leaving me with my uncle.

"He hasn't left your side since you got here," Charlie told me, causing me to smile. "I didn't think he would." I sighed knowing what was to come wouldn't be pleasant. "I'm sorry I took off with Bella."

He shook his head. "You did nothing wrong, you were just trying to convince her to come, back to the house. I told Bella she'd like it in Florida, you would too." 

"I'm not leaving Forks, I'm not leaving you," I told him. "Me, or a certain boy?" he questioned almost teasingly. "You're a great father Charlie, Jasper is just a bonus."

Charlie smiled as he gently pat my shoulder. "Thanks, Angel. I know Bella wants to see you, I'll go get her."

The moment Charlie left the room Jasper came over to the bed. "How are you feeling?" "I feel good, all things considered," I replied.

"I think it would be best if you move to Florida."

I chuckled at the vampire's words. "What would be best would be an end to world hunger but that's not happening. I'm not leaving Forks. I'm not leaving Charlie, or you, or the rest of your family."

"You almost died because of me."

I chuckled slightly. "No, I almost died because of my own accords. He tricked us into thinking he had Renee, I wasn't going to let anything happen to her, not because of me."

Jasper smiled half-heartedly. "Next time you plan to do something reckless, let me know. I can have Carlisle prepared to change you."

I loved how he knew there would be a next time. I was a Swan by blood and us Swan women can be reckless.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~