“I didn’t say that. But you just admitted that you stare at Yusuf too.” Safia’s nose became pink as she looked down.

“Why thank you Safia. I’m glad you like what you see.” I said.

“I didn’t say I like what I see.” I put my hand on my heart and pretended to be hurt. She stuck her tongue out at me childishly. I shuffled closer to her and let my eyes observed her every feature. She looked back at me and we just stayed like that for a moment.

“Okay, I’ll just leave you to it.” Maryam said getting up from her seat. “Thanks for giving me a cool hairdo Safia.” Maryam walked out of the room leaving Safia and I alone.

“You just made her feel very uncomfortable.” Safia said shaking her head.

“I think we both did. But at least we’re alone now.” I kissed Safia’s cheek and she just smiled at me while slithering away. She picked up a bowl that was sitting on the table. Inside the bowl were lots of pieces of papers, all folded up.

“Maryam and I wrote down all the possible countries that would be good for a honeymoon. I want you to choose.”

“Are you sure?” She nodded so I closed my eyes and put my hand in the bowl. I took a piece of paper out and opened my eyes. Safia came closer to me as I unfolded the piece of paper. ‘The South of The Pacific Ocean’ it read.

“Oh. Maryam put a couple of weird ones in there.” Safia said chewing the inside of her lip. “I wrote this one though.”

“That’s not a bad idea. We could get a boat and cruise around and-“

“No. Pick another one.” I picked out another one and Safia wasn’t happy with it. Then I picked another, and another, and another.

“I don’t think this is a good idea. Just choose a country you like.” I said.

“No, I’ll be happy with the next one.”

“We picked out four and you weren’t happy with any of them.”

“The next one’s final. I won’t complain.” I put my hand in the bowl again and prayed that Safia would like whichever country came out now.

“Turkey.” I said reading out what it said on the paper.

“Yes!”

“If you wanted to go Turkey, why didn’t you just say so?”

“Because I was stuck between some very good choices. But I like Turkey. Let’s go Istanbul!”

“Okay, three weeks in Turkey.” Safia’s smiled faded a little.

“Three weeks? I was thinking about five days.”

“Five days? Why?” I wanted my wife all to myself for a lot longer.

“I have exams after the break.” That was true. There was the issue with work as well. I’d already taken a week off. But I wanted to spend time with Safia.

“Two weeks honeymoon and two weeks revising.” That sounded like a really good plan to me. But Safia disagreed.

“Ten days. Including going there and coming back.” I stroked my beard thoughtfully.

“Okay, as you wish.” I said giving in. “But you have to spend most of your break here with me.” If only she knew how much I missed her when she wasn’t here.

“I’ll think about it.” She said getting up. I grabbed her hand.

“Where are you going?”