Chapter 58.

Author's Note: The following chapter is in complete contrast with the previous chapter. Have some happiness through the misery. :)

23rd June: It has been a full 6 months since I wrote and uploaded my first chapter. A lot of you have asked for Hamza/Amy’s POVs. So to celebrate 6 months, I give you a POV from Hamza and from Amy. Now all you crazy Hamza fans can start fangirling. I’m sure he’ll like the attention. Are there any Amy fans? I don’t know of any but if there is one possible guy who’s a fan of Amy, you can start fanboying. :)

Hamza’s POV

What first got me interested in Amy was how Safia spoke about her. Safia had many friends but none were as important to her as Hafsa and the rest of the girls in the family. They fulfilled the role of friends in Safia’s life. So it was strange to see Safia talking so much about another girl. Amy became one of Safia’s closest friends outside the family.

But sometimes, even those best friends can drift away. Gradually, Safia lost touch with Amy and they moved on. I didn’t care for Amy much at that time, but I did wonder what happened to her. Safia didn’t socialize much and I wanted her to have friends outside the family. There was Safia’s friend Layla but she wasn’t as close to Safia as Amy was. Safia didn’t speak about her as much.

Then Safia and Amy became friends again even though Amy was moving to Germany. Safia started to talk about Amy again and I always found myself intrigued. Well, converts were quite intriguing. During this time, I grew a soft spot for Amy which I thought was just some sympathy.

Finally, Amy returned. It wasn’t her beauty or anything which made me want to marry her. I had seen Amy before so I knew she was pretty. I was never interested because she didn’t have the qualities I wished for. I also had high standards which were lowered as I matured. After she moved, I heard so much about Amy’s developments and the person she was becoming. She was even better than all my standards I had set as an immature kid.

When I caught a glimpse of her, it just confirmed that the amazing person Safia always spoke of actually existed. I could see she was different. However, I was still unsure due to her past. Especially after everything that happened with Javed. Her life before she became a Muslim also troubled me but I put those thoughts aside. When she converted to Islam, Allah forgave all her previous sins so I felt it was just wrong of me to not be able to look past that.

I knew her past was something which haunted her. I couldn’t let something like that prevent me from being with her. She was more than anything I had hoped for. I only realized exactly how special she was after I married her.

I didn’t want to admit this to Amy. Although sometimes she would make me feel like the luckiest man in the world, other times, I don’t feel so lucky. One of those times was right now.

“Get your lazy butt off the sofa and do something useful.” She said and I groaned.

“I’m tired! I just came back from work!”

“You want to hear about my day? I went to work, where my manager decided to swamp a whole load of work on me only a few minutes before I was about to leave and then I went to see mum and did some chores there to help her out and then I came home and now I’m helping your mum out too. You should be doing the same! Guests are coming around tomorrow morning!” I couldn’t really argue with that. But I tried anyway.

“But I didn’t ask the guests to come…”

“Neither did I! But they’re coming. Moreover, they’re coming to see us and congratulate us.” She forced a mop into my hand. “Get to work.”