VIII

3+ Comments for the next chapter! :)
Whose excited for the second half of season 2!?
*UNEDITED*

*****
'What do you need, Shadowhunter?'

Isabelle looked at the group of vampires surrounding her, getting the distinct impression that she'd just walked herself right into a whole lot of trouble.

'Look, I'm not here to hurt anyone.' Isabelle softened her voice in an attempt as being seen as non-threatening. even though she knew it was useless. The runes on her body proved exactly how lethal she could be. It had been a risk seeking out the vampires but she was desperate. 'I just need a little... venom.'

'Someone's been a naughty girl.' The blonde vampire mocked as she circled, and for a moment Isabelle felt ashamed, but that feeling was quickly overcome by the desperate need for yin fen, something the blonde vampire wasn't afraid to call her out on.

'All out of yin fen? That's okay. You can have a little venom. I'm just gonna need a lot of blood.' Her mocking smile turned into something darker, something more threatening.

Isabelle could hear the hissing crawling up the throats of the vampires. Responding to the obvious danger, she flicked her whip out in what she hoped was a threatening manner.

It didn't work.

Isabelle was quickly grabbed by someone and held in place as the blonde vampire laughed at her efforts. 'You're quick but... not quick enough.'

'Forget the venom.' Isabelle tried.

'Too late pretty thing.'

Isabelle tensed as a flash of blonde hair came towards her but the attack never came. Her eyes widened as she took in the handsome vampire who'd unwittingly become her saviour.

'Release the shadowhunter. My orders.'

The vampires quickly disappeared, not wanting to face Raphael's wrath if they stayed.

Raphael caught Isabelle as she slumped forward, noticing the shaking of her hands, an obvious sign that something was very wrong.

'I thought you hated me.' Isabelle breathed out, surprised at Raphael's kindness.

'Call it an intense dislike.' Raphael commented back, some humour in his tone.

'So why are you helping me?' Isabelle was blinking furiously, trying to keep her eyes open.

'Well... Adelaide cares about you, and I care about Adelaide, so I guess I have to care about you by association.'

Raphael ignored the look Isabelle gave him through drooping eyes, picking her up and setting her down on the hood of a deserted car.

'The pain... it's everywhere.' Isabelle's body convulsed slightly as pain shot through her.

'What did you think yen fen would do to you?' Raphael couldn't believe the naivety of the raven-haired shadowhunter.

'I need something... something to stop it.' Isabelle was begging and she knew it.

'What you need to do is sweat it out. Over time, you'll be better off. You need to be strong.'

'I can't!'

'You have to.' Raphael's voice hardened for a moment.

'I swear, I'll never ask again.' Isabelle gripped Raphael's jacket in her shaking hands. Seeing his hesitation she added, 'No-one has to know.'

They both knew that no-one meant Adelaide.

Raphael gave in. 'Just this once.'

*****

Adelaide and Alec has missed a lot.