IV

Sorry this took so long.
My little (17) Year old sister got engaged a few days ago so to say it's been a weird week would be an understatement ahahaha.
Anywaaaay, 3+ Comments/Votes for the next chapter!
*NOT EDITED* Please ignore any mistakes, it's 2:30am :')
Also, whose excited about Sebastian? Cause I know I am!

*****
'We have to get Jace out of there.'

Adelaide refrained from rolling her eyes as Alec stated what they were all so obviously thinking. With help from Clary, Magnus and a distinctly guilty looking Isabelle, the four had explained to Alec had happened in the time since he'd slipped away from them.

Needless to say, Alec wasn't impressed.

'We already know that Alec, but Jace is in the City of Bones, it's not going to be easy.' Isabelle reminded her brother softly.

'That doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I'll talk to Lydia or-'

'You aren't doing anything.' Adelaide scolded.

'I can't just sit here-'

'You can and you will!' Adelaide snapped icily. 'We almost lost you, Alec.' Her voice softened. 'Give yourself five minutes to breathe.'

Alec pursed his lips but wisely chose not to say anything else.

'What do you think Aldertree wants to talk to you about?' Clary questioned Adelaide curiously.

'Could be any number of things, why I left the institute, why I helped Magnus subdue Raj...'

'You think?' Clary frowned.

'No.' Adelaide snorted. 'He'll want to talk about Valentine of course.'

'We should probably get back.' Isabelle sighed.

'Good idea.' Alec pulled himself to his feet, still a little unsteady, but looking much better than before.

'Are you joining us Magnus?' Clary asked.

Magnus sighed. 'I suppose my dear, no doubt Aldertree wishes to scold me for attacking a shadowhunter.'

'Not like he didn't deserve it.' Adelaide mumbled, earning a smirk and sideways glance from Magnus.

'Let's get this over with.' Adelaide sighed as Magnus opened a portal.

*****

'Are you nervous?'

'No... yes.'

Adelaide sighed as she looked at Isabelle. 'Magnus could be in serious trouble because of us. Because of me.'

'I'm sure Magnus doesn't see it that way-'

'Hey.'

Adelaide felt Alec squeeze her waist as he stopped beside her and Isabelle.

'You look better.' Adelaide commented, taking in Alec's clean clothes and slightly damp hair.

'I feel better.' Alec's eyes flitted towards where they'd last seen Magnus. 'Anything?'

'Not yet.' Isabelle frowned. 'I should go and call our parents and brother, let them know what's going on.'

'Tell them I'll talk to them later.'

Isabelle nodded at Alec as she left the control room.

Adelaide could feel Alec's eyes burning into her. 'What?'

'Are you okay?'

'I'm fine.' Adelaide shrugged.

'No you're not.' Adelaide could almost hear Alec rolling his eyes as she turned to face him, a stern look on her face.

'Whoa- hey!' Alec stumbled back slightly as Adelaide shoved him.