VII

SORRY THIS HAS TAKEN SO LONG AJHFIUHODSHDI
In the last week alone one of my family members has been taken to hospital, I've been sick, I've had work again out of nowhere, my fam bought a new puppy and I've gotten another tattoo. (I also haven't watched the last episode of shadowhunters ugh) 

Real life gets in the way sometimes, I'm sorry! :(

*UNEDITED*

*****

Adelaide groaned loudly as she buried her head underneath Magnus' couch cushions. 'Oh my god, seriously Jace?'

'I haven't had a roommate this brazen since... well since Casanova and I spent the night in the Doges palace.'

'Casanova... really?'

Magnus smirked at Alec who was seated beside Adelaide, glancing up at the ceiling as more giggles sounded from the room above them.

'I really can't deal with much more of this. I might have to cut my own ears off.' Adelaide complained, smacking Alec with a pillow when he laughed at her. 'I'm serious!'

Alec laughed again, fending off another pillow attack. 'I'll talk to Jace, he can't stay here forever.'

'No, don't bother.' Magnus waved his hand and loud music filled the space. 'Better?'

'You couldn't have done that an hour ago?' Adelaide narrowed her eyes at Magnus who shrugged with a smirk.

All of ten minutes later and Alec's phone was buzzing, and he let out a sigh. 'Dammit. We need to go.'

Adelaide rolled off the couch ungracefully, landing on Magnus' plush carpet. 'Can I just stay here?'

Alec ignored her. 'I'm going to get Jace.'

Adelaide snorted. 'Good luck with that.'

Alec responded by picking up a discarded pillow and throwing it at Adelaide, who hadn't been expecting the attack from Alec, false promises of revenge spilling from her lips as Alec left the room.

Magnus watched on, a laugh escaping his lips. Adelaide heard the sound and turned on her friend, tossing a pillow roughly at the warlock.

Magnus vanished the pillow with a flick of his fingers, leaving a pouting Adelaide sitting on the floor.

*****

True to his word, Alec managed to drag Jace downstairs, but not before a half dressed seelie woman paraded through the living room to reach the front door, sending Adelaide and Magnus a self-satisfied smile as she left.

Adelaide made a gagging sound that caused Magnus to grin right as Alec and Jace finally appeared.

'Your hair's a mess.' Was the first thing Adelaide commented as the two came into view bringing a whole heap of tension with them, Adelaide's dark eyes narrowed slightly at Jace.

Jace rolled his eyes at Adelaide, running a hand through his hair as though it would help fix the blonde mess on his head. 'Shut up Adelaide.'

'So you're coming with us then?'

Jace snickered. 'No. No way.'

Alec clenched his jaw. 'Come on, Addy.'

Adelaide shot a disappointed look to Jace. 'You're being childish.'

'Oh go run after your boyfriend.'

Adelaide flipped Jace off and followed after Alec, who had already left the room.

It didn't take long for Alec and Adelaide to get to the institute, Adelaide made no attempt at small talk, still seeing the tension visible in Alec's hands and jaw.

Clary was the first to take notice of their arrival. 'Hey.'