New Start

You stood apart from Kaneki, after you kissed him. The night became awkward for you two. As you guys leave the festival (in your usual clothing) Nishiki and Kimi bring you along the beach and gives everyone the firework sprinklers.

Kimi: "They are all different colors. So everyone pick one."

You and Kaneki both went for the red one. When you laid your hands, Kaneki grabs your hand.

Nishiki: "Dang. Why did you both pick red?"

Kimi pushed him away and made her way through to see you and Kaneki.

Kimi: "Because it defined their mood. Am I right?- it says if red is picked, you guys feel sexy or happy... or mad."
Touka: "Or just in love?"

Touka said that while her eyes were tearing. You whispered to her.

Y/N: "I'm sorry... I won't touch him anymore."

While saying that, you walked to comfort Touka with the sparkler in your hand. She cried on your shoulders, then pushed you away and out loud she said.

Touka: "Don't be sorry! I want you to be happy... I hate myself! The reason I threatened you was because... I loved him too!"
Y/N: "Touka... you-"
Touka: "No, don't comfort me. You'll just make feel more guilty than I'll have to be."

You straightened up your body, and walked up to her.

Y/N: "Good."
Touka: "W-what?"
Y/N: "You have every right to feel guilty... I had to hide my feelings away for so long and it ends up like this?!!"

You paused.

Y/N: "Touka, all because your guilty right now doesn't mean I wasn't guilty either. I should've gotten eaten right there and then! Back in the alley and my feelings for him wouldn't change. If only I could go back in time..."
Touka: "I just wanted-"
Y/N: "You made me hid my feelings for such a long time... and I ended up with him?!"

You were furious of your stupidity.

Y/N: "That's not how it's supposed to work."

You quiet down, and placed the red sparkler in Touka's hand.

Y/N: "Touka... I've always liked you in the beginning. Let's restart."
Touka: sniff*, "Yea... I'd like that."

As they light the sparklers, you and Touka stayed together. While you tried to avoid Kaneki, because you felt it'd be too awkward to talk.
.
.
Everyone left you and Kaneki alone to walk to the apartment. You wanted to say something from the silent walking in between you two, but stuttered.

Y/N: "H-hey. M-maybe we could-"
Kaneki: "We could what??"

You gulped and looked at the opposite direction of Kaneki.

Y/N: "We could- start as new too?"
Kaneki: "Ok. Well, hi I'm Kaneki."
Y/N: "I'm glad you agree."

You said while smiling towards him.

Y/N: "Op! I'm sorry... I mean, Nice to meet you. I'm Y/n."
Kaneki: "You're kinda cute. What's your number?"
Y/N: "Haha funny. You already have it."

He lifted up his phone and showed you.

Kaneki: "No I don't."