Chapter Nine: Back to Reality

A week has already passed since we brought my son home. Today we would be having a barbecue cook-out to introduce the Ohana to my son, and for my son to familiarize himself with them.

I blinked my eyes open and yawn before turning my eyes on the curled figure of my son who was still sleeping. I smiled as I pulled his thumb out of his mouth before bending my head down and laying a kiss on my child's forehead before I rolled away and climbed out of my bed to prepare for the day.

Grabbing my towel and a few of my clothes, I entered my ensuite bathroom to take a quick shower. After having a quick wash, I put on my underwear and bra on before putting on a white shirt and dark denims before walking out rubbing my hair out with the towel. I smiled and sat down beside my son and tried to wake him up, "Alekz, baby you have to wake up now." I told him softly as I shake his shoulder.

I saw my son blink softly and gave me a sleepy smile, "Good morning mama" he say as he hugged my leg.

"Good morning baby, are you excited to see your Tito Jon and Tito Peeks?" I asked.

Alekz nodded as he released a yawn, "Yes mama, and Tita Cathewine. She said she gonna bwing her son and hushban." he revealed.

"That is indeed correct, Tita Cath is going to bring Alex and Tanger. Mommy is also going to introduce you to Tito Marian and Tita Jana." I replied.

Alekz looked up at me with a pout, "Who them?" he asked.

"Tito Tanger is Tita Cath's husband, while Tito Marian and Tita Jan are mommy's best friends." I explained to him as I caressed his cheek.

Alekz nodded as he slowly sat up before asking for a hug to which I quickly gave him, "Let's go? We need to get you showered and dressed so we can go to Tito Sharpy's house." I told him as I helped him out of the bed and into the bathroom.

-- Time Skip --

An hour after I woke my son up, the girls, Alekz and I finally arrived at the Sharp household. Parking my SUV, I unbuckled my belt as I opened the door as July unbuckle Alekz as my son wanted to sit by my pregnant best friend than me. After we all finally climbed out of the vehicle we all turned towards the front door.

I was about to knock on the door when I felt a small hand grabbing mine, I looked down and saw my son biting his bottom lip worriedly as he just stood beside me. Smiling down at him, I raised my hand to knock and use the doorbell before the face of five year old Madeleine Sharp was revealed.

"Maddy! Where's your mom or dad?" Joey stated as she stepped forward and knelt down in front of the young girl, "What did they tell you about opening doors on your own?" she continued frowning.

The oldest Sharp girl pouted and looked at her former nanny with tears on her eyes, "But Joey, it's you, Sadie and me misses you soooo much." she stated as she threw her hand around Joey's neck.

"I'm sorry baby, don't worry I'll make it up with you okay?" Joey stated as she strengthened out carrying Maddie in her arms as we all entered the Sharp home. "Sharpy? Abbey?" Joey called out.

Abbey Sharp smiled as she exits from the kitchen, "Hi girls, how did you get in?" she asked as she approached us and gave us a tight hug.

"Maddie opened the door." Andy replied as she looked around, "Is the Ohana here already?" she asked.

Abbey nodded, "Yeah, backyard." she pointed out before looking down at my son who was hiding behind my knees. "Hi, may I know who you are?" she asked as she bent down to smile and look at my son face-to-face.