Chapter Four: Here comes heartbreak

It have been two years since I arrived here in the States, six months since I got this work at Hale & Sullivan as a Senior Marketing Director and everything is going fine. Fine in a way that I can get by if ever worst comes to worst when my Ohana learns about him, but I can still give him a life that he deserves. Sighing I sat down on my office chair and twirled around. I just got done with another forty hour weekday and I'm dead tired.

I glanced to my side where another cubicle was placed, and inside is the woman I can actually call my sister from another mother, April or AJ. "Hey, do you want to grab some dinner?" I asked.

AJ looked-up from the document she was reading and blinked her brown eyes at me before she removed her glasses and rubbed the bridge of her nose before nodding, "Please, Phil is currently not at home and I need some company or else I'm gonna get myself crazy." she told me before looking at the cubicle that was across from us and pouted when she didn't see Cam. "Do you know where Cam went?" she ended, "Let's do this a girls night out."

I was about to reply when someone cuts me off, "Do a girls night out where?" Eric, technically he's our boss but he really doesn't want to accept that, the only man in this executive office said.

"AJ doesn't want to be alone, I asked her out for dinner. Want to come with?" I asked as I saved everything and made sure that the firewall Andy told me to use is still running before shutting my station down.

Eric looks up from the document he was reading before shaking his head slightly, "Nah can't, date night with the hubs." he said before smiling widely at me, "Go, you girls have fun, and tell the girls hello from me." he ended as he walked back inside his office.

I just watched Eric go before turning towards April, "Ready to go?" I asked as I grabbed my personal stuff and placed it inside my bag before slinging it over my shoulder.

"Yeah just give me" she paused as she signed the document she was reading before doing stuff in her station "five" she then grabbed her things and shoot them in her bag "minutes" she ended as she bent down and exchanged her heeled shoes for her converse before straightening out and grabbing her bag and coat, "let's go!" she ended.

I just shook my head at her before I lead her out of our office after calling our goodnight's to Eric and saying hello and wishing Thirdy a wonderful evening when we met him in the hallways.

"So, where to crazy?" I asked as AJ and I finally got in the elevator. I quickly glanced at AJ, just to make sure she wasn't sleeping standing up again.

AJ pursed her lips before sighing, "Can we just have a night cap at my house?" she offered, "Or yours?" she asked.

"Can't on my house, Andy is sleeping after an entire week on the road, July is pissy because there is trouble in the Foundation and Joey needs a night off after running around doing stuff for jerkface." I explained.

AJ shook her head, "You girls really do live a hectic lifestyle." she commented.

"Don't I know it?" I replied smiling, "And that's still when we're in the regular season." I ended.

AJ gaped, "You mean when you're in the playoff season, you girls live a more hectic life?" she asked.

I gave her a sharp nod, "We need to accommodate all of our family and we have six, six teams that we consider as a part of our Ohana." I explained, "So sometimes we have to shuffle from Chicago and fly to somewhere to see them, but we rarely get to see 'burgh as Sid doesn't want to see us or even talk to us during those games." I ended.

"Wow" AJ mouths off in shock.

Just then my phone rang as the elevator finally reached the ground floor. We both stepped off the shaft as I searched my bag for my phone, as I finally fished it out, I saw that my Mom, my biological mother and not Natalie Lemeiux, is calling. I turned to AJ to excuse myself, "I just have to get this call." I told her showing my phone screen.

AJ immediately nodded as she approached the vending machines to get some snacks as I quickly swiped the screen to answer before putting it on my ear, "Hello Ma!" I greeted her smiling.

Just then a cold shiver ran to my body when I only heard crying from the other end of the line, "Ma?" I repeated my tone full of worry for something unknown.

(Mommy)

I froze when I suddenly heard his voice, the voice of my first and last thought, the voice of my three year old son. "Alekz?" I asked before remembering that my son was crying, "Baby why are you crying?" I asked "Is everything okay with Moma La and Papa Lo?" I continued.

(Mommy, it's Papa)

And when my son said that, everything in me froze, what is wrong with Josh? What could possibly be wrong with Josh? "Baby, what do you mean it's Papa?" I asked with a frown.

(Alekz, oh baby who are you talking to?) I heard my mom from the other end of the line (I'm talking to Mommy, Mama La.) my son replied. (Oh Alekz) my mom stated with a sad tone before I heard her grab the phone from my toddler, (go to Papa Lo, I'll talk to mommy okay? Everything will be okay Alekz.) I heard her comfort my son as I bit on my bottom lip and waited, (Alisson, Alisson darling I'm sorry) she told me.

"Mom, mom it's okay" I placated her, "what happened to Josh?" I asked with a heavy and sad heart.

(I'm so sorry baby, but Josh has passed away, he passed away earlier this morning. His wife just called to inform us.)

My knees buckled as I finally sank down on the chair in the lobby, "Mom, does Alekz, do Alekz know?" I asked worried for my son who not only lost his father but can't be with his mom because she was terrified, terrified of what other people will treat her if her other family knows about it.

(yes, I am so sorry Ali, I thought he was still sleeping. I'm so sorry darling, so sorry)

I heard my mother apologize to me repeatedly as I curled in to myself, not caring who sees me. I just lost the father of my baby, I just lost my partner in rearing my son. I just lost Josh, and right there in public's view I loudly sobbed at the unfairness of everything. My son, I need to go to my son. That was my only thought, to be with my son, to finally claim to all that I have a son, a son that I love, a son who needs me.

"Ali, hey Ali" I heard AJ call for me as she wrapped her thin muscular arms around me after grabbing my phone and ending the call, "hey babe, it's okay, it's okay." she consoles me without even knowing why I am even crying my heart out. "Who do I need to call?" she asked me after I finally gathered my wits around me.

I licked my lips and looked at her with tear encrusted eyes, "Hoss, I need to talk to Hoss." I informed her as I made grabby hands to my phone to which she immediately handed to me. I quickly unlocked my phone and immediately called Hossa.

(Hello)

"Hoss" I sobbed out.

(Hey, hey, why are you crying? Where are you?) I then heard him remove his blanket, probably he was already in bed as they have a game against San Jose and he needs his rest.

"I'm in the office Hoss" I informed him before a sob escaped my mouth, "Hoss, Josh died, Hoss Josh is dead." I told him as tears continued to fall down my face.

(Ah shit Ali) I then heard him climb out of bed, (I'm coming for you, just stay put okay? Stay put.)

I just nodded at that before I heard the dial tone, I then pulled my phone away from my ear as I continued to cry silently in the lobby of my office, sitting beside a bewildered co-worker.

I just want to come home and be with my son, I just want my son.