Chapter Five: Past, Present, Future

Numb, that's what I am while waiting for my best male friend, I don't know how I am going to do this. Do I go back to the Philippines and rear my child there or do I stay here and bring him home? I can't petition for my son just yet as I am living in this country for only two years, I need five more years before I can petition for him. My mind is in chaos, finding a solution for this problem I set myself in.

When AJ realized that I wouldn't be okay in the next few minutes, she escorted me back to our offices and stayed with me even though I don't answer the questions she kept asking me. How can someone be okay when the partner she was counting on suddenly dies.

Leaning my head on the backrest I just stared at nothing as AJ and I waited for Hoss.

"Alisson?" I suddenly heard the Slovak's voice. Blinking, I turned towards Hoss and reached my arms out, silently begging for a hug. He sighs as he leaned down to give me one of his signature hugs as I started to cry on my best friend's arms. "Ssh...sshh... I'm here, I'm here, we're going to make everything fine, I promise." he whispers as he sat down on the arm of the sofa I was sitting on without pulling away from me. "Have you decided what to actually do in regards of the Ohana?" he whispers for only me to hear.

I just shook my head negatively, "I don't know, I don't know" I told him truthfully.

I felt Hoss sigh, "Do you want to come home with me instead of going to your house?" he asked me.

"Please?" I begged him before I felt him kiss the crown of my head and finally letting me go.

"Hi, Marian Hossa" I heard him introduce himself to AJ.

"April Brooks, but you can call me AJ" I heard her reply.

"Thanks for staying with her, even though she had a melt down."

"It's fine, it's fine, I don't have any plans anyway." I heard AJ sigh deeply, "She's becoming a good friend to all of us here in the Marketing Department." she continued, "But is everything okay?" she ended.

I heard Hoss sigh deeply, "There's been a death in her family." he replied, "Aside from that, she is worried about something that she doesn't know how to deal with." he continued.

"But is she going to be okay?"

"Yeah, she'll have us. Thanks again for staying with her." Hossa ended before offering a hand to help me up, "Say good night to AJ, Liz." he ordered.

With a deep sigh I turned towards AJ and gave her a small smile, "Good night April, I'll just give you a raincheck in regards to that girls night out, okay?" I told her before giving her a tight hug. "I'll be fine April, I promise." I repeated as Hoss and I walked out my office and into the hallway.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell the Ohana about this? We could actually help out." he insisted.

Releasing a deep sigh, I turned towards Hossa as we stepped inside the elevator and hitting the ground floor button, "I don't know, everything feels so unreal right now." I told him truthfully. "I'm actually waiting for me to wake up." I ended.

"But everything would be so much easier if you told them." he argued.

I turned towards Hoss and cupped his face, "Hoss, not now okay? Don't do this to me right now, please?" I begged.

Hossa sighed and nodded as he escorts me out of my office and into the parking garage where his car was sitting idly by.

An hour later, I followed Hoss inside his house. I tried to give a smile to Jan but I know it didn't work when I heard her sigh and wrapped her arms around me, trying to console me.