Chapter 3

I nearly jump out of my skin. I let out a squeak, as I fall off my bed. My heart races as I tumble to the floor making a loud thump. My book goes flying onto the floor behind me.

I slowly push myself off the floor. Waking up reminded me of my headache. I push myself into a sitting position. I start rubbing my head hastily trying to get the pain to go away.

I go into my bathroom and grab ibuprofen. I take out two and plop then my mouth. I swallow them without water. It makes me cringe. I can still feel them slowly crawling down my throat. I hurry and grab a cup and fill it up with cold water and gulp down the water before I start choking.

Relieved that I didn't choke I let out a sigh. I head back to my bed and yell, "Mom!! Is that you?" I sit back on my bed observing the mess I just made. I look at my nightstand tense that I might've split my drink. I lay back on my bed feeling better that I didn't spill my juice, cause that would've just sucked. It would've stained my carpet.

I hear footsteps come up the stairs they're too light to be Ethan's, so I suspect they're my mothers.

 "Mom!!" I yell. Just as I finish up yelling that my door slams open hitting my bookshelf. My eyes go big afraid that she might've damaged my books, but ignore the feeling.

 I watch as my mom walks into my room, worry stained all over her face. Her eyes are are as big as saucers like she's about to cry. Pain now stains my heart. I can feel it shatter into a million little pieces.

"Mom are you okay? Did someone hurt you? I'll kill them!!" I ask as the tears start streaming down my face. I try and fight them scared that something bad will happen. I try to fight them for about a minute, but give up and just let them to continue streaming down my face. 

Mom walks over to the bed she's clutching her stomach like she's about to puke. I scoot over a little bit so that if she pukes it won't be on me. 

She walks closer to the bed grabbing a pillow off the floor. I can see her staring on the floor. She has the look of confusion written all over her face. I look down at the floor myself. It looks worse than it did a minute ago. 

Mom looks back at me, I can feel her stare on me. Goosebumps break out on my arms and legs. 

Mom asks, "What's wrong? I got a call from school saying that you came home early. Is everything okay?" Worry is still written all over her face.

I wanna save her the sob story because I can obviously see that she is in pain also. I reply, "I'm fine, I just felt sick. What's wrong with you, you look like like you're about to burst into tears." She glares at me like she doesn't believe me, which I don't blame her I don't believe myself either. 

She looks at me more closely, examining my facial expression. I try to make it believable, so I don't have to explain what happened. She examines my facial expression once more, I guess she believes me. As she looks away I can see tears start to stream down her face. Making my heart shatter even more.

My mom looks at me again, I can see her stare go to my head. Her eyes squint as she observes my forehead. After a minute of observation her face washes over with worry. Again. She then asks, "What happened to your forehead? Is that the reason you came home?"

I look away for a minute as I try to wash over the feeling to yell at her. Anger fills my body because I had already explained to her what happened. I don't wanna make her feel worse so I take a deep breath and say as calmly as a pissed off person can, "I already explained why I came home, so please drop the subject. My head is a totally different subject." 

By the way mom looks at me she can obviously see the attitude in my voice. I automatically regret talking to her like that. 

My answer was partially true I technically did come home because I wasn't feeling well, but not because I was sick it's just how you look at it. 

She glances at me again tears start streaming down her face. "Mom!!! Who the hell hurt you." She looks at me again I guess she didn't expect me to cuss. Oh well. 

I keep my glare on her. I can see her eyes try and avoid mine. She ends up staring at the floor. "Mom I know it must be hard to talk about, but you either have to talk to me or Ethan. You cant ignore us both."  

I've never seen her this way not in the 17(almost 18) years I've know her. What could've happened to her? Who the hell hurt her? 

*****

A few hours later Ethan gets home. I can hear his rickety old car pull into the long gravel driveway. I run downstairs heading straight toward the door. I swing the door open and sprint outside. I flinch and inhale sharply as the cold air hits my body. I am wearing short shorts, and a tank top which doesn't help the matter.

As I hit the gravel rocks, I flinch in pain and accidentally let out a squeak. My bare feet hit the cold rocks spending chills through my body. The cold harsh rocks stab bottom of my sensitive feet. I can feel each pain shoot through my body. 

I run through the pain, because I need Ethan! Now, more than ever!! So does mom!!

I run to the car window and bang as hard as I can, Making Ethan jump. As he jumps he turns in his seat his eyes wide from the scare. 

I start banging on the window again which is my way of telling him to roll it down. He starts to roll down the window, and seeing the panic on my face he tries to roll it down faster, but is stuck on a certain speed. Which sucks.

I start breathing heavily. He looks at me confusion written all over his face, which I can't blame him. I don't even know what's going on myself. I then realize that I'm having a panic attack. I assume that Ethan does to because he starts rummaging through the stuff on the passenger seat looking for a water bottle. 

I can tell he's in a rush when he knocks over his soft drink. I can hear him say "Shit!" 

He grabs the water bottle off the seat, rushing to hand it off to me. I panic as I open the water bottle, almost dropping it. I spill a little bit of the water but put it back up-straight before anymore spills. 

I guzzle down the rest of the water of whatever was left, and as I swallow I can feel my throat finally open up. Relieved that I can breathe I gulp down more air like there is only a limited supply.

After about a minute of what I thought of a near death experience, I start to explain to Ethan about mom. I almost start yelling. "She won't say anything to me, and I feel like it's all my fault. She won't stop crying and I don't know what to do." My voice breaks as I say this, making Ethan look sorry for me. I then continue the story about mom. He nods every do often confirming that he is still listening to me, and not just zoning out his crazy ass little sister.

I tell Ethan what happened at school. I usually try to keep those things hidden but can't keep my feelings bottles up like that. 

I can tell Ethan is mad. His hands are on his lap, and as I look down at them I see him clench them into fists making his knuckles turn white. Even though its half dark I can also see his face turn a dark red, He has always been a kinda overprotective brother. 

Seeing him do this I take a step away from the car, scared of what might happen. 

I can still see him where he looks like he's about to blow. I look at him no longer feeling scared I walk back up to the car and yell, "Right now I'm not important, Mom is. Get out of the damn car!! NOW!!!"

Ethan looks taken aback from my yelling, but jumps out of the car the running straight for the house. I follow him as fast as I can, but with bare feet that's kind of hard. I flinch every time my foot hits a sharp rock, but run through the pain for moms sake. 

---------------------

A/N-

Hey guys for the people actually reading. I am so sorry for the late update, I have been caught up with school, and lots of homework. I will also try to make my chapters longer, most peoples chapters are up to 3000 words but I go up to 1500/1600. I will make the chapters longer for the sake of you guys. I would also appreciate it if you would comment what you think of it so far. Also if you see any mistakes comment them and I will fix them as soon as possible. If you could please vote, and share. If you could do that I would really appreciate it. Also if you guys give me a follow I will follow back. Please!!

Lots of love!!♥♥♥