Chapter 4

As we run inside the house my muscles relax, feeling relieved that my bare arm and legs are actually getting heat. As the heat takes over my body I uncross my arms, laying them down by my sides. 

We get to the stairs, from all the way down here I can hear her sobbing. I can feel the pain happening in Ethan's heart, he's never seen her like this either.

We start running up the stairs to my room where the sobs are coming from. I can see Ethan hesitate, but I see it too late. I run into the back of him, losing my balance. I can feel myself start to fall. I try and flail my arms to keep up straight, but fail epically. My heart skips a beat as I feel myself fall down the stairs. 

I feel big strong hands grab on me and pull me up before I completely fall.

As i straighten up I put my hand on my chest felling my heart feel like it's about to jump out of my chest. I swallow the lump in my throat, as I breathe in air. 

I keep my hand on my chest as I suck in a few deep breathes. I can feel my heart slow down. I then look at Ethan, his face is emotionless, not because he doesn't care, but because he knows if is true emotions show he will break down. I know that face because I use it all the time.

 I thank Ethan like 20 times, but he just nods his head. 

We finish running up the stairs. The door to my room is open and I can still see mo sitting on my bed. Her face in buried in the pillow she gave me when I was six. It was my favorite pillow, it had never let me down. I used to cry to sleep to muffle the sounds of my tears, when I was younger but still do sometimes on occasion.I can see her body shaking from the crying she is doing. 

I walk behind Ethan to the door. He walks through the door, but for some reason I stop. I can't move anymore. My feet stay planted in place. I fall to the floor and break down between my mom and school I can't take anymore. 

I start sobbing and Ethan looks bad at me. I can see him about to run toward me, but I shake my no telling him to get mom first. He nods and walks toward mom. I roll onto my side and pull my knees to my chest. My crying has stopped I just keep sniffling. I hide my face into my knees, feeling myself get a little bit better. 

*****

After about 30 minutes after me laying on the floor I start to doze off. My face still hidden by my knees. My hands and arms start to ache from me holding my knees to my chest for so long, but I don't care anymore.

Mom's sobs have stopped and have been stopped for a while now. I'm guessing that Ethan got her to tell him what's wrong. Mom did always like Ethan more than me. She shows it every time she stares between us. You can just tell it in her eyes, and it hurts so much. I mean I know that Ethan has always been the better child, I talk back when I have a bad day. Whenever I have a bad day at school I usually take it off on my family. It just hurts so much to see her like that. 

I lay there another ten minutes then I feel arms pick me up and carry me away. I don't take my face out of my knees. I can feel the movement of the walk for a few seconds. I am sat down on a soft surface.

I take my face out of my knees and look around, I'm in Ethan's room he has a dark blue paint on the wall. He has his walls decorated with car posters and of his favorite bands. He has a whole bookshelf full of movies, CD's, video games you name it. I have always liked Ethan's room it's so awesome and half of the time I come in here to escape the real world and just to play video games.

I can see Ethan sitting at the end of the bed, staring at me. His stare intensifies whenever he sees me look at him. I can tell by the look of his face that he wants me to explain what happened.

I sit up, but still have my knees tucked into my chest. I hesitate but tell him the whole story about school, which is not as bad as what's happened in the past. I stare him in the eyes as I explain what happens, his beautiful emerald green eyes turns into a dark forest green, scaring me a little. But I continue anyway. 

After I explain the story, he looks away for a few minutes, complete silence takes over the room making it really uncomfortable. He then stares at me and says, "Do you go through this everyday?"

I hesitate but then reply in a whisper, "Yes." 

He asks me, "Do you want help with this kind of stuff?"

My eyes go big and I practically yell, "YES!!" My untuck my legs from my chest jumping off the bed. Ethan stands up and I jump into his arms. He wraps me into a bear hug. I feel like I can't breathe, but I don't care. 

After the hug finishes I sit back down on the bed and I look at him with anticipation in my eyes and all over my face. He sits on the bed a few seconds after me and looks at me, joy gleaming in his eyes. He opens his mouth and I hear him say, "If someone calls you ugly what do you say?"

I know all these awesome comebacks and stuff I just never use them, because I would try to but the back of my neck would go dry, and I would get a lump in my throat. I would never be able to speak. 

I reply, "You know I'm not a mirror right" I start jumping up and down. He looks at me with confusion. I tell him, "I have a lot others you wanna hear them?!"

He hesitantly nods his head. I think to myself for a minute then I start blurting out, "Scientists say the world is made up of neurons, electrons, and protons. I guess they forgot to mention morons. If I wanted to kill myself I'd climb up your ego and jump to your IQ. Sorry honey the earth revolves around the sun, not you. Life is short and so is your dick." 

Ethan looks at me taken aback. "Have you been keeping them bottled up like that," he asks. I nod my head, and open my mouth to blurt out more, but he puts is finger up to my mouth telling me to shut up. 

He looks at me again and says, "I get it and tomorrow when someone say something sarcastic and rude to you reply with the ones stuck in your head." He taps on my head when he says that. 

I nod my head so hard that I feel like I can feel my brain jiggling around in there. 

I jump back up and give Ethan a big hug. I must take him on unexpectedly because he lets his arms dangle by his side before wrapping them around my small frame. Ethan stands up next to me and looks down at me. He is a whole 6 inches taller than me. I am 5 foot 5 inches. I think that's what it said the last time I checked.

I head back into my room and find my bed open. I lay down in it, taking my covers and covering my body. I take the pillows and shove them underneath my head. I turned off my light on the way in. I close my eyes, but I'm not tired. I have too much excitement taking over my body. I turn onto my back and lay my arms on my stomach. I open my eyes back up, staring at the ceiling. I don't think I'll be able to go to sleep tonight.

--------------------

A/N- 

Hey guys. I know this is just one day after my last update, but I feel like since I took a while for last update I thought maybe I would update a little earlier. I will have an extra long weekend this week so I'll try to update everyone of those days. From now on I'll try to update every other day. Maybe Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and maybe even Fridays and Sundays!! I'm not for sure when but I'll try to keep to a schedule. I am also gonna be publishing another book soon, maybe in the few days or something and I think you guys will really like it. Please check it out when you see it's posted. Don't forget to comment what you think, and if you see any mistakes comment those too and I'll try to fix them as soon as possible. Also please don't forget to vote and share. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Lots of love♥♥