03

songs for this chapter:

bluebird - christina perri

wipe your eyes - maroon 5

a drop in the ocean - ron pope

" your broken heart

recquires all of my attention."

[03] changes

jourdan

"Thanks." I muttered softly, taking the mug of coffee from Mali. She smiled at me and took a seat herself. I look down and stared blankly at the coffee, the fresh brew scent of the hot caffeine filled my nostrils but I don't think I want to take a sip with this state of mine.

"Calum really thought I was dead, did he?" I chuckled coldly, my hold unto the coffee tighten as my head snap up to meet Mali's gaze.

"You left him heartbroken, Jourdan. You can't blame him for forgetting you," Her voice was soft and I knew she wasn't trying to offend me. I didn't feel offended at all, in fact, I felt guilty. Guilty for not trying harder, guilty for leaving everyone behind. But they cannot blame me so, I was locked up for God knows how long.

"But he just have to listen to me, Mali. It took me seven months to escape from my own parents, I was lucky enough to runaway." I said, my voice shaking to the thought of my parents. I cannot even believe myself that I actually escaped them after those months that I have tried, I was in a prison and they treated me as if I was something so dangerous, as if I wasn't their own daughter. I hate them, I hate them to the moon and back. I hate them so much I could kill them myself.

Malikoa had that unbelievable look on her face, she was in fact, shock and at the same time, confused.

"They have to put me inside this room, which wasn't a normal room. At all. The walls weren't even painted, they were metals and the windows-- they weren't windows, they have steel bars to keep me inside. They locked me up and I am so sorry if I haven't tried enough to come back here as soon as possible but don't ever dare to tell me that I never tried, I always did and I almost gave up but the thought of your brother, himself, brought me here." I was glad I didn't stammered or cried a fucking river from my rambling, maybe I was tired of crying already.

"I'm so sorry if Acer got it the wrong way," She said, her eyes narrowing mine and I barely noticed that her brown eyes were totally identical to Calum's. God, I miss him so damn much.

"That doesn't matter, I just have to know about Calum and then I.." I paused, leaving myself blankly staring at the floor. I totally have no idea what to do next. If I don't get to be with Calum, I don't know what would happen to me. I won't ever dare to go back to my parents and I don't know if I can stay any longer here, my parents would eventually look for me and not having Calum around is making it hard for me to decide on what to do.

".. and then I--" I was cutted off by the door opening and a loud shriek coming out from it, from someone I always knew. I immediately turned my head around to see Renee running towards me, her arms wide open and was ready to crush me in. I put the mug down in case she might not notice that when she would crush me in her arms. I stood up and let her jump on me, arms wrapped around my neck and I chuckled.

"I knew it, Jourd. I knew you were alive." She cries on my shoulder and I playfully ruffle her brown hair before she squirm away and move to see me.

"You changed." She commented, she pointed my new dyed hair. I nod, agreeing with her. "I suppose I am." I giggled.

"I miss you, you bitch." She slap my arm and I playfully winced in pain. "Ouch." I say, rubbing my arm then. She snickered and rolled her eyes.

"You're turned, right?" I looked behind Renee's figure to find the familiar pale boy everyone used to hate with his newly dyed hair, which I think was a mix of dark violet and black. It was a nice mixture of color though, I prefer him with this color of hair than before, which I and Ashton used to call him a reverse skunk. Maybe it's because of that fact, that's why he decided to change his hair color.