27

songs:

Addicted by Morgan Page
Oblivion by Bastille

[27] tally

"Dean, you know this is impossible. I can't do this, it's too dangerous." I began, after knowing about the idea Dean had in mind for a while afterall. Only trained Alphas are allowed to perform this kind of ritual and I'm not even a trained one. It's not going to work, I'm going to lose my friend still.

"You know it's the only way to save your friend, you don't have any other option." Dean replies, saying the truth once again. He's right, there is no other choice left for us to save Ashton. It's hard to decide because even if I do the ritual and fail, Ashton will die and so does Conrad but I cannot lose another friend- especially my best friend.

"If I were you, I'd rather do it. Atleast the fact that you never tried at all won't haunt you forever." Michael buts in, even if it irritates me how he suddenly sounded so genious at that time- he was right. He made a point somehow.

"Remember Calum, if you don't do this you will lose not just Ashton but everyone in the pack. You just don't save a friend, you will save everyone- even this whole town- even the whole Australia. If Conrad will successfully take over Ashton's body, both humanity and every other pack is at sake." Dean explains to me and this time, I was already convinced by his use of wise words through explanation. Dean and Michael was right, I have to do the ritual.

"Okay, I will. I just have to know how the ritual goes and I'll go try to work it out." I say, sighing quietly to myself. Dean nods, amused by the fact that I finally agreed to his idea.

"You have to take someone with you, an anchor. His anchor. And as far as I know, it has to be Renee. You have to take her inside Ashton's mind." He began and I look over Renee who looks at me with the hint of approval in her brown eyes. "And a symbol, your pack symbol that represents your pack. It can help Ashton to fight. You have to carve it by your claws to his wrists. What's your symbol, anyways?" Dean asks me and I quite zoned out by the memory that flashes back.

"What are you doing, Ash?" Renee asks as soon as we came to find Ashton, who seemed really focused on what he was doing on a dusty table that I haven't used for a while. We were back in my basement to search for a world map, which I don't really know for what purpose is it but it had something to do with our history project.

"Look at this," Ashton motioned me to come over to where they were. I hovered over the table and found four straight lines that stood horizontally. I furrow my eyebrows together as I studied the drawing, then it just hit me by that moment. That it can be what the pack represents, these four lines. As much as how I realize this, I knew something was still missing between those lines and I leaned as I connected the lines together. As soon as I did, I felt satisfied.

I knew it was already the symbol of the pack since.

"Cal," Michael called and I was brought back to reality, surprised even after hearing Michael calling me by my nickname. It felt like centuries ago since he called me that, when we were used to be best friends back then.

"Are you okay?" Jourdan asks me and I wasn't even able to feel her presence until she spoke to me, I barely nod an answer and walk upo the chalkboard that hung by the wall. I carved through my claws againts the board and introduced them the symbol my pack represents.

"A tally? What does that even stands for?" Michael asks from behind, as he scoffs and prevented from laughing out loud. I look over my shoulder and looked at him in the eyes.