I trudged out the door and didn't hesitate passing by Santiago. He always had his way, it was frustrating.

He snickered at my defeat as we boarded his signature, dark red Audi.

Noah lived much closer to the university than I did. It was a warm, chestnut colored brick house surrounded by vigorous flowers, hugging the perimeter of the building.

 It was a warm, chestnut colored brick house surrounded by vigorous flowers, hugging the perimeter of the building

The sun had set and dusk settled over the city of trees.

"Wow," The gorgeous house wracked my brain. I rang the round, shiny doorbell and patiently waited.

A girl near my age briskly opened the door, "Welcome, guys! Beers are in the ice chest, pizza's on the counter, and chips are in the blue bowls. Knock yourselves out."

The house itself was mesmerizing. The walls were decorated by frames of work, freshly polished mahogany wooden floor, and shiny knickknacks around the room.

"Not too shabby," Santiago sounded composed as he glanced around as well.

I made my way towards the beer and popped open a bottle, taking a heavy sip.

Santiago stared fixedly at me, then looked beside me. "You're so lucky I came with you, today. This place looks unsafe for someone as vulnerable as you to be drinking at."

I shook my head with a laugh, "You tagging along isn't luck, it's unfortunate."

He chuckled at my joke.

As my eyes wandered around, they were caught on someone from another room. Someone very familiar.

When their face was clearly visible, I realized then that it was Noah, the host. He was alongside some other guys who've attended our class several times. They laughed hard amongst each other about a humorous subject.

I felt my insides tighten, and my stomach began to grow weak. I was too tense, I needed something that would loosen up my awkwardness.

Restlessly, I began to chug down the salty, bitter alcohol. After forcing the gulps down, they were followed by a strong gag.

Santiago's eyes widened in disbelief, "Damn! Slow down, hotshot."

I sat aside the empty bottle and reached for two more, handing Santiago one. "Bottoms up."

He rolled his eyes as he placed his cold beverage beside my empty one. "I'm not going to drink, at least not for today."

I groaned shoving his shoulder, "Well, I'm gonna go dance, yank me out when it's time to leave."