Chapter 1

It had been 2 days since the break up and I wasn't ready for a serious relationship. I was heartbroken by the man I loved. I loved him. But he didn't love me the way I loved him.

I was lost in thought while driving to my new job. I could only think about what had happened only 2 days ago. Tears formed in my hazel eyes as I remembered everything that had happened. Shane broke my heart. I was in love with him. But, he left me for someone else. Tears started rolling down my face, as my face turned bright red and I came to my new job.

I wiped the tears from my copper skin, pulled my car into the parking lot, and parked my black Ford F1-50. I was in the city. It was my first day working at this business called "Wesley Enterprises." It was an interesting name. Well, at least I thought it was. I wondered what my boss was like and how he would treat me. I wondered what things awaited me in this job and what exciting tasks I would perform. I was excited about city life but always yearned for home.

I walked in the door and looked around. It was a dark office, the walls were painted black, and it was a very depressing lounge. The atmosphere was very bleak and boring. I walked to the lady at the front desk. "Um, hello. My Name Is Brooke Peterson and It's my first day working as the personal assistant for Mr. Wesley. Could you tell me where to find him, please?" She looked at me and scoffed. "That job won't last long." She mumbled under her breath. "E-Excuse me?" I asked her. "Oh, nothing dearie. Just let me call him and tell him you're here. Please have a seat and wait for a couple of minutes." I nodded and walked over to the black chairs in the lobby. "Mr. Wesley, your new "assistant" is here to see you." She said and hung up the phone.

"Mr. Wesley will see you now." She said. I got up out of my seat and walked over to her. "Down the hall, get on the elevator to the left, go to the top floor, and the very last room on that hall to the left." She said. I nodded and thanked her.

I walked to the elevator. The elevator was a glass elevator where you could see everything around you, including down. I got on the elevator and was amazed by the beauty of everything. I looked around me as I got higher and higher. I looked down and saw the ground become less and less visible. My stomach got butterflies and my heart started beating out of my chest. The elevator ride felt like it took forever.

The elevator finally stopped and the door opened. I walked out of the elevator and down the hallway to the very last door on the hall. I stopped at his door and felt my heartbeat out of my chest and my stomach started fluttering. "It's okay Brooke. Calm down. It's your first day. It's a Fresh start. Don't be nervous. It's gonna be okay." I said to myself out loud.

I knocked on the door. "Come In." A deep, masculine voice answered. I walked in and saw a tall, Caucasian man with black hair standing at the window with a black and white suit on, with his hands in his pockets. I stopped at the door and stared at him for about 10 seconds trying to understand what I was looking at. When I finally realized who it was, I broke my confused gaze and mustered up the courage to introduce myself. "H-Hello, I'm Brooke Peterson your new personal assistant." He just stood there.

"Is there anything you would like me to do for you?" I asked him. He still just stood there silent. I took a seat. He turned from the window and walked to the desk, not showing his face. The sound of his shoes hitting the floor filled the room. He reached his desk and looked at me, as I was sitting in front of him. He walked around the front of the desk and sat on the corner of it, looking down at me. 

I froze as I saw his angelic face. His voice was deep and smooth. "Hello, I am your boss, Aiden Wesley. But to you, it's Mr. Wesley." He said. "This is your first day, but honestly, I don't care. You will be treated like any other worker here. You are no different. You answer to me. You do what I tell you to. Your kind of like my servant." He looked down and chuckled.

"I don't like you, I'll use you for whatever purpose I can— even my pleasure." He looked down at me and smirked. I blushed hard. "Now, get to work." He said to me. I stood up and looked him in the eyes.

As he got up from the corner of his desk and walked up behind me, he grabbed me by the hips and pulled me into him and whispered in my ear, "Watch your back baby. I might not be able to control myself around you." Chills went down my spine and I closed my eyes tightly and waited for him to let go. My face turned red as he finally let me go and walked out of the room. I stood there, blushing. I didn't believe what happened.