keeping myself busy

I woke up at 6.25. starting my work at 8, I had to drink coffee, wash and run. Quickly.
I was almost late. The lab supervisor was a little angry.
I had a pile of reports to fill and finish. And I still had in mind the pile of samples to process at that e crime lab. But I promised her to help. I called Allie in the morning from my car.Told her that I'll meet her at 5 at the lab.
When I finished my work at the lab I rushed straight there. At the door I met Sinder. He was kinda hurry
"Hi Lee -are you going to stay longer today? I need to talk to you. Urgently."
"Yeah, probably. I'll stay for about 3-4 hours. Why?"
"I need some information about database access. Did you use it ?"
"Sure- once. When I wanted to check samples. You said I can."
"Yes. You can. There's probably some kind a mistake, but it must be checked out. Now I need to go, but I'll get back and we'll figure it out. "
As soon as I entered the lab, Tom informed me, that the head supervisor, mr O'Neill ,wants to see me. At once.
I headed straight to his office.
"Afternoon sir. May I?"
"Hello mr Jones, please come in. Sit down. I was told that there was a violated access to the database . "
"But it's impossible, Sir. I got a visitor's  login and couldn't do more than to read a specified data."
"However we got a request of guest visibility from Miami Dade Crime Lab because.."
The door opened and Allie walked in. "I'm sorry Sir. I couldn't come earlier" she sat down. I looked at her surprised.
"No problem. We've only just started. So as I said the CSI who put the visible data into the computer asked his supervisor to check, why a person so far from Miami is interested in these scores. And that person additionally has a status of a guest. Can you tell me why?"
What a stupid dick I thought.
"I was looking for the different origin of the nylon fibres. So I hit the match and it was checked in labs in Miami Dade and Virginia".
"That's understandable. But why did you browse all the data inserted by this particular CSI? "
"I was curious of any samples connected to this case. I only looked at them. Didn't download  anything... Just simple curiosity"
"I understand you but the guy seems to be anxious, and that's against the rules" he says.
"What can I say, Sir? I'm very sorry."
"Can't we just call and say sorry for browsing his work?" Said Allie- "I know that's the usual procedure."
"Yes it is. In crime labs however the quilty one must call himself in the presence of his supervisor to a person in charge. "
"That means...."
"That means you must call the supervisor of this guy- Ryan Wolfe -yourself" he said and smiled. "No big deal. Just the courtesy. "
"I can't "I said with my throat squeezed.
"Sure you can. Lieutenant Caine is a great guy. It will be done in 5 minutes. Get something to drink and I will call his office. As soon as it's ready I'll page you."
"Sure thing ,Sir. "
"Th..hank yor Sir." I said.
Allie grabbed me and we left his office.
"I need to go out" I said and stormed outside. She followed me to the terrace with a puzzled look. "What's wrong?"
"I can't call him.I just can't. I won't. "
"Sure you can. Actually you have to. That's the law. "
"Can't you do it?"
"And say that you're mute? "She laughed.
"No -I can't Allie". Suddenly felt my knees weakened , and I sat down.
"What's wrong? You're so pale."
"I'm fine. "
"Come on Lee. It's a formality. 5 minutes and it will be over."
"I can't Allie. I can't. "I was panicked a bit.
She knelt down and said- "what's wrong? There's something more right?tell me."
"I can talk to this guy Wolfe, but not to Caine. "
"Why? Is it connected with something I deducted about your previous life? Are you in any reason connected to this very lab? "
"Yes ,I am"
"So what? You said that you didn't do anything wrong. So a quick conversation wouldn't change a thing. You've got different name I assume."
"Yeah. But Caine would recognize my voice. at once."
"So what ?!! Similar voice but different name. No problem."
"He thinks I'm dead. And so the others."
She looked at me shocked.
"What? Let me get it right- your former boss doesn't know you're undercover?"
"No. Only FBI."
"No one else?"
"No. I "died" almost at his hands.He was devastated. They all mourned and grieved. Buried me. Said goodbyes. And hired someone else - Wolfe. He doesn't know me-so I can speak to him".
"I guess I'm not in charge to order that." She smiled sadly.
We both jumped at the beeping of the pager.
"Let's go. Maybe it will be someone else?" She took my hand. "Try to change your voice a bit"
We entered the room and O'Neill was talking loudly to someone on the other side.
"Sure Horatio, no problem. He's here with me.Don't shout at him too much" he laughed.And then he passed me the receiver
"Yes sir?" I said quietly.
" I hope he didn't scare you too much" I heard H's soft voice.
"No sir. I'm sorry fot that unfortunate fact. "I said quietly.
There was silence on the other side. I stopped talking and waited.
"What was your name again, son?"
"Jones, sir" I hoped that lots of 'Sirs' will do. I never used that. Never.
"Are you a lab worker?"
"Yes sir"
"A new one?"
"On probation, Sir"
"Good one?"
I was fighting with my thoughts.
"Apparently not really, if I do such stupid mistakes" I replied.
And silence again.
"You must be careful not to do mistakes you may regret all your life then." he said softly.
" Of course sir" I said "I apologize once again Sir"
" No problem" his voice got quiet. " and don't call me sir, because...
...you don't like it " I finished. And at the very moment I covered my mouth with my hand.
" right... Not everyone knows that though. Good bye mr Jones. Good luck."
" Good bye , sir"  I put up the phone. I was getting sick of it. I needed bathroom. I quickly left leaving Allie and O' Neill in amazement.
He took the phone and continued
" YEs Caine, is it alright? Great thank you. No... Just the new worker.. Yeah, just for the replacement with the hard case... No, not really....I don't think so.... Sure. Thank you. Good bye"
He finished talking and Allie left.