day 7. Allie's POV

"Hey did you see Lee?"
"Not here in the lab. Maybe he's on the leave? Or has a day off?"
"No... He should have  been  here since 7. It's almost 8. He is sometimes  late, but not recently... Where is he? I tried to call him But no luck."
I tried not to think about it but the thought comes back on and on. What if he left for good? What if he got what he wanted and that's why he left? It's been two days since we talked about the dinner date and then nothing ... Yesterday he was busy and today he's not answering...
I need to know. I left my place and went straight to Thomas' office.
"Hello Thomas" I said entering
"What do you need? I'm busy."
"I need to ask you a question."
"No. The answer is no" he said cold.
"What? You don't know anything about Lee?"
"About Lee???? I thought you wanted me to forgive you the things u said when we last met, and you just came here to ask me about HIM?"
"Yep. That's all I wanted as he's not at work as he should, and he's not answering my calls."
"Maybe he's fed up with you? You think you're better than others? No -you're not. You wonder why he isn't calling you? Thats what guys like him do when they get what they want."
"Excuse me?" I asked stunned
"Yeah. That's what I think. If you let someone strange stay in your house- or worse- come to his and stay- that's what happens. He got what he wanted and you gave it to him like a .... Let's say you're like a girlie on a prom."
I stood there speechless.
"You're jealous, Thomas , that he had sth you would never get."
"What? Don't be ridiculous -I can fuck any girl in this lab- they just wait for my sign. I'm a big lab supervisor. And he? Who's he? Nobody. "
"You're nobody, Thomas. All I wanted to tell you."
I slammed the door and ran outside. Sat on a bench.
I began to think 'what if he's right? If Lee is really a guy like that? Got what he wanted and left? What kind of guy goes for a drink after...after that?'
Ask him- I thought- why don't you just ask him?
I got into my car and drove away.
When I knocked at his door, I felt dizzy. What if he says the same? That I'm just a plaything?
Knocking didn't help. I went to the window and saw him on the sofa. Sleeping. It's impossible not to hear such a loud knocking!
I knocked once again ant took out my cell.
I dialled his number and waited for the response. It started to buzz. He turned over, looked at it and cancelled it. Then sat down on the coach and I suddenly understood why he hadn't answered my calls nor opened the door for me.
He was completely drunk.